Login   Sign Up 

• Oscars
    by Zettel at 10:29 on 06 March 2006

Just shows how little I know. I should have seen Crash coming (so-to-speak). It's exactly the kind of movie Hollywood loves to recognise. And against a homosexual cowboy theme and the most shameful episode in Hollywood's history - no contest really. For what it's worth my view of Crash is in my WW's review, certainly the writing is good. And I do like surprises.

Clooney's diverse work this year deserves recognition - but certainly not for Syriana - especially with Gyllenhaal in BM in the list.

So the circus leaves town for another year.

regards

Z

• Re: Oscars
    by Zettel at 14:37 on 06 March 2006
    PS The 'good' writing I was referring to was that in the movie of course. You must make your own judgements on mine.

Z
    by Account Closed at 15:03 on 06 March 2006
    Yes, quite unexpected. In France they re-named Crash
    Collusion so when I (half-awake) heard it had won, I had no idea which film they were talking about!

It looks like they decided to share the awards out fairly.

I'm glad George C got something too, just for the pleasure of the acceptance speech!

The French announced the winners starting with the best documentary! Am I right in thinking they turned off the mike when Jaquet started talking about global warming agreements...?

<Added>

when I say collusion, I mean Collision
    by Zettel at 09:51 on 07 March 2006
    Hey El

You're probably right. So as it isn't fair I haven't got one yet I'll be on the plane next March.

regards

z