Login   Sign Up 

• Wallace and Gromit `In The Curse Of.......`
    by spider at 19:05 on 20 October 2005
    Wallace and Gromit! Humorous as always; of course as long as you love and understand the 'British' sense of humour. I still insist there was room for more laughs. No doubt the plot is interesting, in fact almost noble. I'm tempted to give away the story but i know better. Its a good watch, a few more laughs would have been better but hey....the kids will enjoy it and if you already are a fan (like myself)then you won't be disappointed.
  • Re: Wallace and Gromit `In The Curse Of.......`
    by Ian Smith 100 at 09:33 on 21 October 2005
    I agree, I felt there was more opportunity for gags, for instance why no rabbit shape in the stained glass? Maybe they thought that would be one too many rabbit gags. Hard to imagine. Was it played entirely for laughs? No. It was indeed noble, with moral purpose, and poignancy. I always thought "Bright Eyes" was a sinister song. I'm still laughing, and quite surprised by it. GMO scientists take heed, and everyone else this gem is aimed at.
    by EmmaD at 16:23 on 21 October 2005
    I didn't think they'd be able to stretch a W&G story to full-length without being boring, or unfaithful to the original spirit, but they did. I loved it, and so did my young-teenage children.

Emma
    by Cornelia at 21:51 on 25 October 2005
    My eleven year old grndson was laughing throughout, and so was I. I'd like to see it again because I don't think I saw all the visual gags.

Sheila
    by Ian Smith 100 at 14:34 on 31 October 2005
    Going back to my previous comment about the rabbit shape in the stained glass, someone has told me there actually is a rabbit shape made in the glass by the were-rabbit. I'm sure that later, when they have the inquest in the church, there's no rabbit shape in the glass. Is this a continuity error?
    Ian
    by spider at 11:13 on 04 November 2005
    Interesting observation. I hadn't really noted that.
    by Cornelia at 11:32 on 04 November 2005
    I remember the rabbit-shaped hole, too, but I have the impression it was somewhere else, and I'm wondering, could it have been the greenhouse?

Sheila