Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 19 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: Crash - Director Paul Haggis
    by Zettel at 17:33 on 30 August 2005
    Ad

I'd have thought the Bond franchise was just about played out by now. Certainly, judging by recent movies there wouldn't seem to be much need for writers, just SFX guys etc.

Z
    by Al T at 17:41 on 30 August 2005
    Z, call me shallow (and you wouldn't be the first on this site )but even though the plots are rarely interesting, I'm always happy to watch beautiful people in beautiful locations chasing one another, and a decent script would do no harm. The most important question is, will Pierce be in this one? If they cast a big girl's blouse like Jude Law (with his nanny as a Bond girl) then I may go off the whole thing...

A

by Zettel at 00:48 on 31 August 2005
    Ad

I know better than to criticise PB to you. Anyway I saw an old movie of his called Grey Owl on video recently, in which he was extremely good. Mind you my judgement criteria may be slightly diffferent than yours.........

No film was even harmed by a good script - so I guess I agree with you.

Z

by Zettel at 23:21 on 07 March 2006
    I thought I was alone on this one but I notice Will Self takes a similar line in today's Evening Standard. Not necessarily my ideal choice of support as Will's world-weary cynicism makes my scepticism look almost utopian.

Interesting to see whether they re-release it and give everyone a second look.

Z
  • This 19 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2