Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Review Prize!
    by Cornelia at 19:16 on 29 June 2005
    Wow! It worked. I just got a notification that my review of 'Ong-bak' posted to the BBC Collective has won a prize, a CD of a group called Kano I've never heard of, 'Home Sweet Home'. My question is, why do they think someone interested in Asian film would want a pop music CD?

Have they got a job lot on promotion? Oh, they are a black band,so maybe they think 'same difference.' They can't know I live in Lewisham and am a Bob Marley fan because they had to ask for my address. They could at least have offered a choice of prizes.

I once won a three VCR set of Zhang Yimou VCRs, 'Raise the Red Lantern', etc. in a Time Out competition by answering the question, 'Who was Zhang Yimou's favourite leading lady?' (Easy if you're a fan - Gong Li)That was great because I was teaching a course in Chinese film using videos and mostly I had to record them from TV and dodge the adverts.

Thanks for the tip-off, though. I could get lucky with 'Kung Fu Hustle'!

Sheila
  • Re: Review Prize!
    by Account Closed at 08:12 on 30 June 2005
    Well done you! My Batman Begins review also won a prize on BBC collective!

JB
  • Re: Review Prize!
    by Cornelia at 09:47 on 30 June 2005
    Yes, I think it was you tipped me off. I wrote the review for my friends and for practice rather than because I knew where to place it. Thanks again.

Sheila