Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Clare in the Community by Harry Venning and David Ramsden
    by Account Closed at 11:47 on 21 December 2004
    Clare in the Community, R4 Friday 11.30 – 12

Starring Sally Phillips, Nina Conti, Gemma Craven, Alex Lowe, Richard Lumsden and Ellen Thomas.

Written by Harry Venning and David Ramsden.

Produced by Katie Tyrrell.

Clare is white, middle class, in her thirties and in a dysfunctional relationship. So what’s new? you may ask. Well, she also happens to be a social worker, full of good theory but not so good at putting it into practice. She goes off on her visits with Megan, her student who also plays her professional conscience and happens to have a crush on Brian, Clare’s husband. (Brian has a thing about Megan, too) Are you still with me? We follow all the childish office politics in Clare’s workplace and get to know her strange bunch of colleagues.

This is probably not at all realistic and riddled with stereotypes, but it makes me laugh all the same, as the episodes are well-constructed and there are some good jokes in there.

Don’t forget you can use the listen again function on broadband (a godsend!)
  • Re: Clare in the Community by Harry Venning and David Ramsden
    by Anna Reynolds at 11:49 on 21 December 2004
    Elspeth, I loved the cartoon in the Guardian of the same name, so will check this out- Sally Phillips too, how fab. I do wonder what social workers make of it though..!
  • Re: Clare in the Community by Harry Venning and David Ramsden
    by Account Closed at 11:13 on 29 October 2005
    New series starts this week (same day, time, place...)