Login   Sign Up 

• Coffee And Ciggarettes
    by Okkervil at 18:31 on 21 November 2004
    Review? Review!? No review! Of any substantiality! It isn't a day since I saw it. I need to mull a bit before I comment, suffice to say, it's brilliant, but is not on everywhere, so everyone meet in my living room at a quarter past eleven tomorrow evening and we'll go to the Broadstreet UGC. Yeah.
    Anyways, vaguely: an hour-and-one-half of exquisitely crafted short stories, with the commonalities of black and white shooting, a chequered table-top, the toasting of coffee mugs and numerous extraordinarily charismatic people talking 'bout stuff, deep stuff, that comes To A Head. Nearly. Possibly. I am in love. With this film. Incidently, go an' look up a good review of this film, cause paint me stupid, I'm an oaf.

<Added>

One too many g's in the title there. See? Stupid.
  • Re: Coffee And Ciggarettes
    by Zettel at 20:55 on 22 November 2004
    Okk

Very hard one to review. Certainly worth a visit. The Tom Waites Iggy Pop sequence is good but the last, Taylor Hackforth, is superb. As for the others, need to see them again. Not easy to assimilate in one viewing.

Regards

Zettel
    by Anna Reynolds at 09:53 on 23 November 2004
    This review had me dithering about whether to go and see it- check it out:

http://www.londonscriptconsultancy.com/2News/av_FilmReview.html

by Okkervil at 19:35 on 25 November 2004
    Don't listen to him! Or at least, go, and decide if he's right afterwards. I think he's wrong. But I can't back that up with anything.

It's just cool. And like Zettel said, 'Champange' (with taylor) is gorgeous. As are many of the others. True!