Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 18 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: Synopses
    by Elsie at 15:36 on 02 March 2004
    David
    Thanks,that's brill. You must be my fairy godmother!
    by Traveller at 18:36 on 02 March 2004
    What would you actually like to say in the question? Spell it out in simple language. Maybe you could scrap the question all together - is it necessary? Does it add anything to the synopsis? How about: Could a Celtic Priestess find new life through a magic crystal triggered by space and time?
    by bluesky3d at 09:01 on 03 March 2004
    Thanks for your suggestion Traveller - I'll consider your comment further - you said originally the sentence was too long. However, now you're hinting at something else.

I'll explain the use of the words -

The word 'resonate' is shorthand for thought patterns being transferred onto the molecules inside the crystal.

The word 'consciousness' was used because it is a word that current leading edge philosophical science is very involved with defining - in quantum physics terms by using the Zero Point Field etc and Multiuniverses Eg Penrose etc. By defining Consciousness we ask ourselves fundamental questions about the universe eg - What it means to be self-aware.

Would finding 'new life' the phrase you suggest mean the same thing? Not exactly, because 'new life' suggests a 'biological' connection based on DNA, not a quantum connection. (oDNA and the part photons play in DNA and Microtubules in the brain is however also one aspect that is covered, briefly.)

Als genetic memory does play a part in the plot in that it is implied that Erica is related in a direct blood line to Icera - (that is one of the coincidences of space and time) the essence of the book is that quantum physics represented by Dr Chris Credus and New Age magic with its Pagan associations represented by Erica (and her alter ego Maia) come together via the Crystal.

Perhaps this does not come over in the synopsis? I will look at it again to see whether I can get these ideas over to a wider audience.

Thanks for your comment.

Andrew )

<Added>

Apologies if this chat is a little off the original topic - (although now seems to have run its course) however it is still about synopses as it illustrates how the 'short-hand' words authors may use in a synopsis can be interpretted differently.
  • This 18 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2