Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 19 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: Metric or Imperial?
    by olebut at 17:23 on 23 February 2004
    it would need to be a huge loaf of bread about 65 pence here just less than one euro. we of course got ripped off when we went decimal so it looks like it is your turn.
    by olebut at 17:23 on 23 February 2004
    it would need to be a huge loaf of bread about 65 pence here just less than one euro. we of course got ripped off when we went decimal so it looks like it is your turn.

<Added>

crumbs so cheap i sent you two loaves for the price of one ( must remebr if going to Eire take bread)
    by Ralph at 17:38 on 23 February 2004
    See, I'm already being ripped off. We pay €1.10 for a loaf over here... must be the baguette culture...

It was an exaggeration. But, then again, looking at cost of living rises, we might not be far of...

I'll stop being depressing now. But, EEEK, is Dublin really that expensive? We're going to be moving on soon. Not sure where yet, but one of the places that has a good job op for my partner is Maynooth. Wondered why the salary looked so damn appealing... Thanks for the hands up there Hibernian. If we do end up round your way, I reckon I owe you a pint or two

I'll stop hijacking this forum now. Sorry folks!

Huggs

Ralph
    by hibernian at 10:02 on 24 February 2004
    Maynooth's cheaper than Dub! And Dub's not so bad once you know where to go - but why leave France where it's so lovely? (I take it that's where you are!) But the pints will be on me! Now I really have to stop...
  • This 19 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2