Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Would love some more writing articles on the site
    by anisoara at 14:20 on 16 August 2004
    I have noticed that, although there are articles on the site inthe 'Articles' section, nothing new has been added since I first joined at the end of January.

How can we get some more articles? (Especially on technique!)

My vote is for an article on polishing your writing.

Ani
  • Re: Would love some more writing articles on the site
    by geoffmorris at 17:46 on 16 August 2004
    It would be great if we could hear from more authors.

I know I've said this before and there was mention of trying to get more on but the site admin must be working their cotton socks off already.

I've been thinking about writing to my favourite authors and asking them if they'd like to contribute.

What does everyone else think?

Geoff
    by Dee at 17:58 on 16 August 2004
    Maybe we (AKA the Admin team) could ask the authors of articles already published in writing magazines if they could be reproduced on the site.

Dee.
    by anisoara at 19:31 on 16 August 2004
    Geoff --

I love the interviews with established writers, though I was thinking more along the lines of the articles that are on the 'Articles' pages (see the 'Articles' tab above).

Dee --

That's a very good idea.

Or even a chapter from a writing book as a taster. (Perhaps book chapters are a bit too ambitious....)

Ani
    by anisoara at 20:06 on 16 August 2004
    Geoff,

I think that's a good idea, writing our favourite authors and asking if they'd be interviewed.

Who do I want to ask? My favourite favourite writer isn't living (Angela Carter), so can't ask her.

I wonder what would happen if we asked Margaret Atwood??? Do you think she would do it???

Ani

She has a web site, o. w. toad.....

Ani
    by geoffmorris at 21:06 on 16 August 2004
    Hi Ani,

Most people love to talk about what they do and writers doubly so I imagine as they love to tell most of all. So we can but try....

Geoff
    by anisoara at 22:11 on 16 August 2004
    Let's think of writers who we'd love to ask!

What about ... Peter Carey!
    by Anna Reynolds at 12:16 on 18 August 2004
    The reason we have interviews rather than articles these days is because most writers are happy to answer some questions, but asking them to write an article requires far more time and effort on their part, so we're far less likely to get a response. However we are looking at revamping that area, so we'll be sure to let you know further thoughts!
    by Dee at 12:50 on 18 August 2004
    I know what you mean, Anna, but if they've already had articles published in magazines it wouldn't involve any extra work on their part.

Dee
    x
    by Anna Reynolds at 13:51 on 18 August 2004
    I think we'd really rather have original work on the site though- and often magazines want heavy reprint fees, not to mention the authors who work is being used for nothing. As I said, it's a part of the site we're having a think about anyway.