Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Help with research.
    by ginag at 11:59 on 07 July 2003
    Can anyone out there recommend a good book on the working life of a journalist. I am having trouble finding out about the day to day stuff, like working hours etc. All the info I've found is not detailed enough. Does anyone know what days a journalist would have to work if they work for a Sunday paper? I'm assuming they would work Saturdays but that's only a guess. It's been bugging me ever since I started writing my novel.

Gina.
  • Re: Help with research.
    by Nell at 12:17 on 07 July 2003
    I've always found people very helpful - why not find a journo. in a Sunday paper and email him/her? Keep it brief - something like 'Help!' in the subject line is useful - and just explain the problem in few words.

I had a problem recently with translating a very short para. into the Scots of Robbie Burns. I found a site on the Internet about the bard, sent the person responsible for the site a brief message, and within a day or so he'd translated the piece for me and had taught me to sign off in Gaelic!
  • Re: Help with research.
    by ginag at 16:52 on 07 July 2003
    Nell,

Thanks again, I was pretty much hoping there was a journo on this site who might be able to help. I've had a quick look on the internet and I think I've found a likely candidate, I'll e-mail them tonight.

Gina