Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Call for submissions - Pumpkin 1
    by daphnek at 10:06 on 19 August 2008
    Pumpkin aims to establish itself as a showcase for the best new writing on the web, while providing valuable support and resources to writers, new and established. Pumpkin will be published quarterly, with each issue featuring five exceptional pieces of new writing.

Submissions are now being accepted for issue 1 of Pumpkin, due to be published in December 2008. Deadline: 15th November 2008.

For more info, please visit http://pumpkin-new-writing.blogspot.com, or see Submission Guidelines, below.

Submission Guidelines

Pumpkin welcomes submissions of fiction (short stories, novel excerpts) or poetry, from writers of all ages and backgrounds. All submissions must be in Word (.doc) or plain text (.txt) format, and accompanied by a brief author bio (150 words max). Submissions must be the author's own, unpublished work. Selected pieces will be published on pumpkin, and the authors will be notified by email. Authors whose work is not selected for inclusion will not be notified. Only one submission per author per issue, please.

Email submissions, or questions, to pumpkinsubs@gmail.com.
  • Re: Call for submissions - Pumpkin 1
    by NMott at 13:45 on 19 August 2008
    I assume (from the submission guidelines) there's no cash prize, only publication for the winner.

- NaomiM
    by daphnek at 10:12 on 20 August 2008
    Hi Naomi,

no, unfortunately there's no cash prize for submissions selected for inclusion - there are no funds for that at present. The aim of Pumpkin is to offer writers a platform for their work to be read by as many people as possible, without giving up the rights to published pieces, and readers a place to go for exceptional new writing at no cost. The magazine will be promoted within the online writing community in order to secure a core following of writers and readers, and a regular readership for each issue.

I hope this is helpful, and that you'll consider submitting some work to Pumpkin.

Daphne
    by NMott at 11:38 on 20 August 2008
    Many thanks for the clarification, Daphne. I will certainly consider a submission.

- NaomiM