Login   Sign Up 

• Jonathan Cape open submissions- interesting!
    by Anna Reynolds at 09:22 on 03 April 2014
    This is quite an interesting prospect-

From 1–30 June, 2014, Jonathan Cape will be open for fiction submissions from new writers of high calibre and imagination

Submissions should be an initial 50 pages of prose fiction. These can be part of a novel or novella, or short stories. The pages can be finished work or a work in progress.

For graphic-novel submissions, please contact the editors through www.capegraphicnovels.co.uk

Submissions should be emailed as attachments to capesubmissions@randomhouse.co.uk. Please include contact details, and a covering paragraph of any information you think might prove helpful in considering your submission.

Regrettably, due to the number of submissions we receive, we cannot respond in every instance, but all entries will be read. Submissions received after 30 June will not be considered.
  • Re: Jonathan Cape open submissions- interesting!
    by EmmaD at 22:42 on 04 April 2014
    Anna, you beat me to it!

It'll be interesting to see what aspiring writers' experience of this is, and, indeed, whether Cape get good stuff from it.
    by Anna Reynolds at 15:29 on 07 April 2014
    Yes it will be intriguing- if any WriteWorders submit, do post about your experience...
    by TassieDevil at 16:11 on 08 April 2014
    I do intend to post but closer to the deadline as I already have a number of stories out there awaiting responses. I've had a quick look at their website some days ago and would need to clarify the 50 pages bit as well as whether previously published  stories would be considered.
    Still definitely worth considering.