Login   Sign Up 

• No experience needed?
    by wordsmithereen at 07:51 on 29 May 2013
    It seems the answer to all our prayers is available in CD form for ten quid:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Make-Money-With-Your-Own-Home-Based-Kindle-eBook-Writing-Business-Work-from-Home-/380638856290?pt=UK_B_I_Business_for_Sale_CV&hash=item589fd80462

Who knew it was all so simple?

<Added>

Perhaps I should have put this under Ethical Issues . . .
  • Re: No experience needed?
    by EmmaD at 08:53 on 29 May 2013
    Oh, that's all right then - problems solved!
    by Bald Man at 20:32 on 29 May 2013
    If you are writing for others, you need to attract clients by letting them know that your writing business exists!

Wow! There you go, that piece of advice must be worth a tenner alone.
    by GaiusCoffey at 02:38 on 30 May 2013
    If you are writing for others, you need to attract clients by letting them know that your writing business exists!

Say...

That could even apply to other kinds of business. The (wo)man(?) is a genius!

But...

Of course nowadays, because most people go to the internet for finding out about services, a small website which describes your services, emphasizes your professionalism, fast service and reasonable cost would give you an edge and help clients from just about anywhere find you.

I'm confused.

If everybody goes to the Internet now, and there are a gazillion and six websites, of which nearly 98% are small ones...

How does adding one more give you an edge?

G
    by wordsmithereen at 11:28 on 30 May 2013
    It was this section that left me slack-jawed:

What makes it particularly interesting is that you don't need any special experience, knowledge or education to become a home based writer, but if you have a reasonably good knowledge of the English language and understand some grammar, you can build a very profitable home based writing business.

With my help and the information in this set of instructions, anybody with a good standard of English can become a successful writer. People who can make a success of this type of enterprise are those who are good with words, have some knowledge of how grammar works and can write in an easy to read style. The most important aspect, and the most easily learned, is an awareness of the general format of what people want to read, plus the ability to keep your own knowledge up to date, in order to successfully develop a home based writing business

Complete garbage, but enough to tempt the naive wannabes who want a short-cut to writing success, without the slog that goes into becoming a good writer.

<Added>

I should have said, who believe there is a short-cut.
    by GaiusCoffey at 13:32 on 30 May 2013
    To be fair, (s)he does say:
    People who can make a success of this type of enterprise are those who are good with words, have some knowledge of how grammar works and can write in an easy to read style.

In other words, people who can make a success of writing are those that can write good words proper.
    by Bald Man at 13:33 on 30 May 2013
    ...and understand some grammar

Yeah, true enough, particularly the bits with the dots and squiggly things in.
    by Freebird at 11:08 on 08 June 2013
    The first para of the blurb is interesting - it contains 100s of articles that you can combine to make an e-book. So you don't even have to write the thing yourself - just cut and paste stuff that other people have written!

A-ha.. so that's what I've been doing wrong. Silly me, fancy trying to write a book all by myself - Duh!