Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Suggestions/recommendations for printers, please
    by Anna Reynolds at 13:17 on 19 September 2012
    I'm putting together a proposal to work with primary schoolchildren on a creative writing project, ending with their stories being published in proper book form. (It's more complex than that, but in a nutshell...) Has anyone got recommendations of who to get quotes from, printing-wise? I thought initially about Snapfish, but that's much more photo/image based, and while there will be pix, particularly in the younger children's cases, it's a literacy project so I need there to be quite a bit of really nicely produced text. Grateful for suggestions- only if you've used someone yourself or know someone who has and can really genuinely recommend them. Thanks!
  • Re: Suggestions/recommendations for printers, please
    by EmmaD at 13:43 on 19 September 2012
    Haven't used them myself, but I read a thorough review/description in I think Amateur Photographer, of how to make your own book using Blurb, and it all looked straightforward and good quality:

http://www.blurb.co.uk/
  • Re: Suggestions/recommendations for printers, please
    by Anna Reynolds at 14:13 on 19 September 2012
    Thanks Emma- that looks like a good start- really nice quality from the look online. Main problem is going to be that I only want say 2 copies of each for up to 25 kids, which starts to get very expensive...! Maybe I could get more printed and the children could sell them...