Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• New self-(e)publishing co-operative....
    by rogernmorris at 21:39 on 23 April 2012
    I'll straight away declare an interest, as I'm involved in this... that said, I thought it might be of general interest as it is an indication of the new ways writers are coming together to get their work out there, without the mediation of a conventional publisher.

Basically it's a group of writers, most of whom were first published through Macmillan New Writing, as I was, who have banded together to put out their self-published ebooks under an umbrella imprint, called Thirst eDition Fiction. The website is here, if anyone is interested in finding out more: http://thirsteditions.com/

It's the brainchild of Matt Curran, who has set up the website. All the ebooks we're putting out through TeD are technically self-published, but I suppose the hope is that by doing it as a small self-publishing community we can all help each other. It's less lonely. But we may all gain from any interest in one another's books, maybe...

• Re: New self-(e)publishing co-operative....
    by MF at 08:54 on 24 April 2012
    Looks great, Roger. A Hogarth Press for the twenty-first century... best of luck with it!

(Is your short story collection available in e-book only? Would love to read it but am Kindle/iReader-less...)
    by rogernmorris at 12:56 on 24 April 2012
    A Hogarth Press for the twenty-first century

Extremely flattering comparison there, Trilby!

Sadly, only available as an ebook. Sorry!
    by EmmaD at 16:58 on 24 April 2012
    What a great idea - MNW itself showed how much more territory a group can cover than an individual on their own. Best of luck to it.

Emma
    by nr at 22:25 on 02 May 2012
    I missed this when it was first posted Roger. What an interesting idea. Really good luck with it. I love the idea of a Hogarth Press for the 21st century.

Naomi

<Added>

I don't know if it's practical but if it is can I put in plea for books in a generic epub format and not only in the kindle format. There are some excellent ereaders other than kindles and most of them allow readers to purchase from any supplier that creates epub ebooks. Amazon is great in lots of ways but I don't think it should have the ebook world all its own way.