Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Wisdom for writers, by writers: from Linus Pauling to Somerset Maugham, by way of Michael Crichton
    by EmmaD at 11:41 on 19 January 2014

When working on your first book, you're faced with an extremely daunting task. Regardless of whatever training or practice you've had in the past, it's still your first novel. At times it will be a highly enjoyable venture, but much of it will be excruciating. There are moments where you might want to throw in the towel, or where you'll feel completely lost. And when that happens just remember the wise words of the successful authors below — they hold the roadmap back to finishing your novel successfully.

http://io9.com/twelve-quotes-from-authors-to-remember-when-starting-yo-1501668698

• Re: Wisdom for writers, by writers: from Linus Pauling to Somerset Maugham, by way of Michael Crichton
    by AlanH at 14:47 on 19 January 2014
    Thank you for the link. I took heart from it.
  • Re: Wisdom for writers, by writers: from Linus Pauling to Somerset Maugham, by way of Michael Crichton
    by Jennifer1976 at 16:36 on 19 January 2014
    Yes, me too. I find it easy to get carried away sometimes and so often think of giving up and starting something new. It's good to remember that nobody finds it easy, and that the best way to reach your writing goal is to keep on writing and learning about the process as you go. Thanks for posting this.