Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• In need of some inspiring writing quotes?
    by Anna Reynolds at 14:08 on 12 September 2013
    Autumn always makes me want to start a new project, and so I'm looking for inspiring quotes/one liners. Doesn't have to be specifically about writing, could be any art form, or by writers, but it usually helps... here's my first one, nicked from Twitter today:

As long as you can start, you are all right. The juice will come. - Ernest Hemingway
  • Re: In need of some inspiring writing quotes?
    by Manusha at 17:10 on 13 September 2013
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step - some Chinese chap.
    by Alex29 at 06:44 on 17 September 2013
    'Get up there and do what you do we are all waiting to go some where with you'- No pressure there then!
    'Look between its ears and kick on' and
    'Keep your mind in the middle while its butt spins round and round' - On reflection the inspirational quotes above my desk are a reflection of my life with horses.
    The last one says 'Tommorow is too late' which after I have read the others I often mentally wince and mutter 'Tomorrow will be a surprise then!' Not sure how much these inspire me or if it is encouragement to grit teeth and try- but I guess riding and writing do have things in common both require your backside to be in the saddle/ on a chair and your hands need to be on the reins/ keys to get any where realistically.MC
    by Anna Reynolds at 11:17 on 17 September 2013
    Alex, this

'Look between its ears and kick on'

made me laugh.
    by Anna Reynolds at 09:36 on 27 September 2013
    'The writer's job is to get the main character up a tree, and then once they are up there, throw rocks at them.' Nabokov

Hmm...!
    by Catkin at 11:21 on 27 September 2013
    I think 'look between its ears and kick on' is possibly the best inspirational writing quote I've ever come across. I'm going to adopt that one.
    by Jennifer1976 at 13:03 on 04 October 2013
    Just came across this quote from Lady Gaga:

“When you make music or write or create, it's really your job to have mind-blowing, irresponsible, condomless sex with whatever idea it is you're writing about at the time. ”

Found it today and hoping it'll get me back on track with my wip. Really need to get passionate about it again.

Jenny
    by himanshu2263 at 02:47 on 23 March 2015
    Hi,
    Life is full of ups and downs. The trick is to enjoy the ups and have the courage during the downs.
    I am fond of quotes and stories, i would suggest some inspiring stories and quotes, from the best of best stories website: eShortStories.com
    by mauricio847 at 06:26 on 25 May 2015
    Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.<br />
    – Jane Yolen<br />