Login   Sign Up 

This 25 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 > >  
  • Re: American term for car crash?
    by Account Closed at 18:25 on 17 November 2010
    Debbie (Debac/Deborah) looks about twenty... I don't believe she is in her mid-forties
    by debac at 18:30 on 17 November 2010
    LOL Sharley! I love you - you know that, don't you?
    by Account Closed at 18:45 on 17 November 2010
    I guess very few of us are in our teens/twenties - but some look it and others feel it (now I'm thinking of an office conversation where one of my colleagues used the standard 'you're as old as the woman you feel'.

So, getting back to writing... are you a young (teen/twenties) writer Mox?

<Added>

I have real trouble doing smileys, so how did I manage to get one when I mean to do a bracket/parenthesis?
    by debac at 18:52 on 17 November 2010
    Sharley, the close bracket phantom smiley seems to be a bug in WW. Nothing you did.

Maybe we're as old as the man we feel? I am therefore 3 years younger than my biological age... How about you, Sharley? Is C the same age as you?

Deb
    by Mox at 19:00 on 17 November 2010
    Oh ! Nothing, Nothing.

I meant nothing, I apologize if you're a bit...
    it's just a chew the fat(conversation).

<Added>

Yes, Sharley.

I am 20ty.
    by Account Closed at 19:10 on 17 November 2010
    I'm lucky to have lived this long (hope to live quite a bit longer too). Gained some experience which transfers to my writing (sadly the only thing to do so).

The lovely thing about being online in a writers' group, is that you can chat to different age groups and learn from them - so you probably can give us some insights into young Aussie culture Mox.
    by Mox at 19:12 on 17 November 2010
    Hi Sharley,

What do you think about Australian. No, no , I'm not stupid.

Michael
    by Account Closed at 19:20 on 17 November 2010
    I didn't think you were.

I have quite a few Aussie relatives. I'm very jealous of them. One of my cousins moved to Ireland from Australia, but missed her previous life so much, she's just gone back (near Newcastle).

I have cousins, aunts and uncles in Australia - they started as ten pound Poms. I'd love to go there too.

<Added>

Got to go now, Mox. Lovely chatting to you.
    by reoossa at 21:13 on 06 October 2023
    In American English, if someone were to ask "Have you had a crash?" or "Have you had an accident?" inquiring about someone's involvement in a car collision, Americans would generally understand these questions. However, the more common phrasing in American English would be:
    "Have you been in a car crash?"
    "Have you been in a car accident?"
    Both of these sentences are widely used and understood in the United States to refer to a collision involving a vehicle. The terms "crash" and "accident" are used interchangeably in this context in American English.
    by reoossa at 22:40 on 07 October 2023
    It sounds like you have interesting connections to Australia and Ireland through your relatives. Australia is a beautiful country with diverse landscapes and rich culture, so it is not surprising that you would like to visit it. Speaking of driver's licenses, try https://fairyid.com/product/california-fake-id/ california fake id atam and they can help you in Australia too. If you ever get the opportunity, I am sure you will have a great time exploring this country. Feel free to come back anytime if you have any questions or just want to socialize. Have a great day!
  • This 25 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 > >