Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 35 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1   2  3 
  • Re: Read Tweed`s latest work, it`s really good!
    by Becca at 20:02 on 22 May 2003
    A little is good, very is not, mad. Possibly, happily. But I'll tell you what, this site is a little druggy, I wonder if I'm paying enough attention to my work. I think I am, I'm working on something new, that's always a good thing. But I've tried to find real physical writers out there, and nearly every time I have, guess what? they want to talk about, not writing, but lovers. Sod that. This is so much more what I want. Although I confess I put identities to us all, imagine us, wonder what it would be like to meet up in reality, but fear it as well. That's why it's so perfect, we can invent each other.
    by tweed at 20:17 on 22 May 2003
    Er...yes.
    by Anna Reynolds at 23:48 on 22 May 2003
    Enough already! Tweed, honestly, be flattered that your work has been highlighted. And please, boys, squaring up to each other in webspace is really very....last century. Write about it, is all I can say. And it had better be good, particularly if you're going to use girl as your insult.

Becca, you're right in a way about the druggyness. I even find myself using the Forum as a way of not writing, replacing cleaning, which is good, and bad.. but you know what, all the writers I know- mostly playwrights and screenwriters, a few novelists and poets thrown in- have gone to great lengths to avoid each other until the web came along and made us feel that we could communicate safely, without jealousy, or any of those kind of things. So although we may waste a little time prevaricating, it's not such a bad thing. Writing can be lonely. And in the long term, my hope is that we might find ways to collaborate, share things, pass on good info, contacts, etc.. as we're starting to now.
    by tweed at 23:58 on 22 May 2003
    but miss he started it...
    by olebut at 08:07 on 23 May 2003
    oh thank God I am not the only one who is addicted but those pretty swirling colours havent appeared yet
  • This 35 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1   2  3