Login   Sign Up 

• Like Leviathan risen from the sea
    by Theo at 23:48 on 15 April 2012
    I've been away for a couple of months. I've been able to write but haven't been able to post anything for a couple of months.

This Friday I thought I'd try writing something completely different, or at least not Fantasy or Sci-Fi. I really enjoyed writing it, and couldn't stop typing (3024 words in two days). I tried putting Philip Marlowe into a former Soviet republic, I have roughly plotted out the story to the end as my stories tend to run off the rails in the second act and fingers crossed hopefully this time that won't happen.

I'm looking forward to reading your comments and getting back into the WW community.

Ps: I think wild swimming is responsible for my increased output this weekend. I needed to type quicker to warm up from my morning swim! The sea is only about 10 degrees Celsius at the moment and I don't use a wet suit
  • Re: Like Leviathan risen from the sea
    by Mox at 10:50 on 17 April 2012
    welcome back, mate. Enjoy writing.
    by Freebird at 17:20 on 17 April 2012
    you're brave, going in without a wetsuit. I'm happy to swim in the North Sea in summer, but only with at least a shortie on. But there's nothing like it to make you feel invigorated, is there? It must stimulate your brain, all that blood pumping round.

Sadly no surf along our stretch of coastline - makes it a bit dull.

<Added>

meant to say - good on you for getting a good chunk of writing done as well!
    by EmmaD at 18:03 on 17 April 2012
    Welcome back - and what a fascinating project! Best of luck with it, and with the wild swimming...

Emma