Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• The wedding
    by beloscoli3 at 22:36 on 08 October 2011
    I had hoped that someone had picked up that I had sent a short story asking for your critic because I want to learn the trade of writing good and interesting books. It is a shame that you do not deem it important enough to give me critiscm even though I asked for it, if you read this and want to help me please give me honest critic from this short story, thank you in advance xx
  • Re: The wedding
    by Astrea at 22:54 on 08 October 2011

Hi Beloscoli

Not sure if you saw my reply to your previous post, but If you would like people to comment on your work, it's probably best to join one of the groups and post there. They mostly work on a reciprocal basis, ie. people comment on each other's work and help each other out.

There's a beginners' group, various short story groups, plus Intensive Critique and of course, Women's Fiction, which covers pretty much everything women like to read and write, so hopefully you'll find a group you think you'd like to join.

Best of luck with your writing.
    by beloscoli3 at 23:22 on 08 October 2011
    Thank you for your reply, I do appreciate that you have written but I thought I had posted in short stories think I am not sure where I am LOL, your critic woud also be enormously appreciated ty x
    by Account Closed at 08:39 on 09 October 2011
    Hi Belosci, I think Astrea meant that you should post it as a piece of work in Short Stories. I had a look - you have posted it as a forum post there. These are usually used for general discussions and people won't necessarily have picked up that you want a critique.

You need to go to your profile, click on "upload new work" and then you can choose to assign the work to the Short Story group.

It will then appear as a work in the group and people will get notifications that it's been uploaded.

If you look at your name in the list of members of Short Stories it says that you have "no work uploaded" - that's why.

Also, as Astrea says, most groups work on a reciprocal basis. Why don't you try critiquing a few of the short stories already in the group and then hopefully people will return the favour? I don't belong to Short Stories (because I don't write them) - but I belong to Childrens and I know I critted quite a bit of work before I uploaded my own. This was mainly down to cowardice but it did mean I had several people happy to critique mine when I finally plucked up the courage.

Some groups are quieter than others so if you find there is not a lot of traffic in one group, you can also trying uploading the piece to a busier one.

Good luck!
    by Sappholit at 09:52 on 09 October 2011
    I'm sorry you're feeling disgruntled. I suppose there's an etiquette to WW (perhaps there isn't in other places), which involves patience and interaction, and being pleasant to people if you'd like them to devote time and attention to your work, rather than getting cross if you don't receive an immediate response.

by beloscoli3 at 11:07 on 09 October 2011
    Thank you so much for taking the time to post,x
    by Freebird at 14:17 on 11 October 2011
    Don't worry, it does take a bit of time to find your way round the site. Sorry that you felt people were ignoring you. We're not like that at WW - honest! I hope, with Florapost's useful instructions, that you've managed to get it sorted now