Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Hi
    by Katf25 at 16:02 on 13 September 2011
    Hi,

I'm very new here - just joined about 20 minutes ago! I'm looking to pick up some tips, get some feedback and perhaps most importantly just have a chat with others who are into/getting into writing.

At the moment I'm focussing on short story writing. I've recently moved and my long commute to and from work has limited my opportunities to join a writing group in the physical world so I thought I'd try online instead. And the hours commuting aren't entirely wasted as I use them to write scraps of ideas - well that is when I'm not distracted by sudoku...

I've uploaded a short story under general fiction (called 'Daniel' and I'd love any feedback on it.

I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Kat

<Added>

Oops. Thank God that accidental winking smiley didn't appear after the last sentence!
  • Re: Hi
    by Account Closed at 18:55 on 13 September 2011

that accidental winking smiley didn't appear after the last sentence!

Just twenty minutes in the site and you've already come across the errant winking smiley.

Good luck with the short story. I know there are specific groups for that, so it may be worth joining one.

Sharley
    by EmmaD at 19:35 on 13 September 2011
    Hello Kat and welcome to WriteWords - the Smiley has obviously taken to you already.

If you need any help, just stand in the forum and shout!

Emma
    by Katerina at 09:55 on 14 September 2011
    Hi Kat - I'm Kat too

You could always join our Commercial Short Story Group if you like - we are a great little group and good at giving feedback on stories.

Welcome to Writewords, I'm sure you'll love it here

Kat x
    by MPayne at 10:57 on 14 September 2011
    Hi Kat, and welcome!

Michelle
    by Katf25 at 11:56 on 14 September 2011
    Thanks for all the welcomes! I've applied to join the commercial short story group so looking forward to that.
    Kat