Login   Sign Up 

• The Scriptwriter`s Toolkit
    by billwill at 03:10 on 07 September 2003
    My work is computer programming and has been since 1962, so my latest work is software: a set of tools for you all to use to write scripts.

This is an opportunity to obtain professional quality Script Writing
    Software fully working on indefinite trial for a nominal admin fee
    of only £10 plus VAT.

The Scriptwriter's Tookit is a set of fourteen Microsoft Word templates
    for writing Screenplays, Stageplays and Radio Plays.
    It includes the six formats used by the BBC.

As used by Laurence Marks & Maurice Gran, these Script Templates have been
    in use for around 10 to 12 years and have been used for Birds-of-a-Feather,
    Goodnight SweetHeart, Love Hurts, Unfinished Business, Mosley, Believe
    Nothing and other successful productions.

Version 5 of The Scriptwriter's Toolkit, completely re-written for Microsoft Word 2000 and Word XP is now available at:
    http://www.datahighways.co.uk/dhl/toolkit.htm

Support as always is on my Support Website.
    http://www.datahighways.net/support

The full set of Version 5 now includes six formats for the BBC as described in the BBC Writers Room together with up-to-date versions of all of those in Version 4, i.e. Hollywood Film format, a UK Studio Format, Radio and Stage plays.

A short download (Stage5c.zip) containing one sample of the templates is available for you to tryout or use without registration; this is the template for a modern style Stage script.

The STAGE5C.ZIP demo file also includes a part written script for you to practice editing.

Working scripts are coloured for author convenience, but Version 5 includes a command "Make Production/Submission Script" which sets all colours to black, removes the crib sheet and finally removes the macros. The latter action avoids any over-zealous security problems in emailed scripts.

APPLE MAC VERSIONS ARE NOT YET AVAILABLE.

Apple Mac users please email me letting me know, which version of Word and which version of the Apple operating system you are using so that the adjustments of the templates for use on the Mac can be prioritised.

Bill Williams