Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• New novel, Song to the Siren
    by SirenSong at 16:19 on 06 June 2010
    Hi, I'm new to the site and have posted the first Chapter of my new novel, Song to the Siren, in the Archive. I'd be very grateful for any critique and look forward to reading and offering critique in return.

Thanks and look forward to getting to know you

SS

• Re: New novel, Song to the Siren
    by NMott at 19:29 on 06 June 2010
    Hi, Sirensong, and welcome to WriteWords

Work tends to get overlooked if left in the Archive, so it's best to join one of the Groups and upload your chapter there for feedback, and get to know your fellow group members by offering feedback in return. You'll find the Groups here:
    http://www.writewords.org.uk/groups/
    - go for one of the more active ones, but oyu can join more than one group and move around the groups until you find one to suit.
    You'll see 'click here to join this Group' below the Group title, then there will be a pending period while Admin adds you to the Group, then oyu can upload the chapter via the 'Owner Edit' facility - your Group should be listed under 'Which Group?'

If you need any help then just give us a shout.

- NaomiM
  • Re: New novel, Song to the Siren
    by GaiusCoffey at 15:13 on 15 June 2010
    Hi SirenSong,
    As group host I am, of course, partial, but I can highly recommend the Intensive Critique group as we are actively seeking new blood and new things to review.

The gist of it is that you should be willing to crit three other pieces for each piece you upload to the group. In return, we tend to give relatively in-depth critiques and (because the 3:1 applies to everyone) you should get at least three considered opinions for everything you upload.
    Gaius