Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Open University Creative Writing
    by ST at 12:43 on 28 May 2010
    Hi, have just posted a short story called White Rabbits - lighter than my usual work but I didn't want to post anything too long. Just finished a two year creative writing course with the Open University. If anyone is thinking about taking A215 or A363 get in touch. I can give you some idea of what the courses are like.
  • Re: Open University Creative Writing
    by NMott at 13:46 on 28 May 2010
    Hi, ST, and welcome to WriteWords

An enjoyable story - I've left some feedback, hope that's ok.

- NaomiM
    by HH66 at 19:46 on 30 July 2010
    Hi ST,
    Thinking about doing the level 2 OU course later this year. Just wondering what you thought of it. Is it more for people who want to write or for people like me who are already writing? What's the support like from tutors and fellow students? Is it worth £650? Sorry about the barrage of questions I'm just worried about making a commitment to the wrong course.
    Thanks
    HH
    by Stwrite at 13:40 on 31 July 2010
    The level two course is excellent. It covers fiction, poetry and biography. The approach is more to do with the writing process than editing - the latter features heavily in the level three courses - and discusses many, many approaches to enable and sustain the writing process. Like you, I'd all ready been writing for some time (and had a few short stories published) but I still found the course highly beneficial. The tutor support was good, as was that from fellow students. Although it is a bit of a lottery as to how involved local students will be re. feedback in your individual online group forum, the main online forum was a hive of activity. There were also two day schools to attend. In short, I'd say do it if you can afford it. I've all ready had one story I wrote on the course published, and know of many other students who also placed work with magazines, etc.
    by HH66 at 14:04 on 31 July 2010
    Thanks. That's really helpful. I'll probably sign up in the next few weeks.
    HH