Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Hello everybody!
    by Raphael at 11:35 on 14 November 2009
    Hello guys. I'm new here and very much a novice writer. I've uploaded the Prelude of a book I've been working on for about two years. It's my second book; my first attempt was shockingly bad and hidden away after five or so rejections.

Anyway, I hope you like it or, at least, aren't bored by it. I have to confess I feel very nervous about writers - proper writers! - reading it, but in a good-ish way. It's young adult and the Prelude acutually follows my main baddie if you like, instead of my MC. I'll stop rambling now ...

Thanks, Kate
  • Re: Hello everybody!
    by NMott at 12:35 on 14 November 2009
    Hi Kate and welcome to WriteWords

It's usually best to join one of the groups and upload the piece there, as it is liable to be overlooked in the Archive. We have a very active Childrens Group which extends into Young Adult if you fancy checking it out (there is an old YA Group but it's pretty much mothballed these days).
    As a Full Member you can move around the groups and join more than one group while you find one you're comfortable in.
    The Site does work best with reciprocal critiquing, so please don't be afraid to chip in.
    Looking forward to reading your upload - especially on such a wet & windy afternoon, today.

- NaomiM

<Added>

Just to add, if you need any help navigating the site feel free to ask - it can be a little confusing at first.

Groups are here: http://www.writewords.org.uk/groups/