Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Film treatment uploaded
    by ruperty at 17:54 on 23 May 2009
    Hi,

I've just joined the group and would be interested in feedback on the treatment I have uploaded.

How does the format look? Should it be double-spaced? Are there particular agents I should target?

Regards,
    Rupert
  • Re: Film treatment uploaded
    by NMott at 13:42 on 26 May 2009
    Hi, Rupert, and Welcome to WriteWords

It might be worth joining one of the Groups and uploading your treament there. I'm not sure how many screen writers we have in WW, so maybe upload it in Radio and Film & TV groups for maximum exposure.
    As for format, I know synopses for novels should be single spaced, so I expect it's the same for treatments.
    I'll have a read through and post a comment.

If you need any help navigating the Site, feel free to ask.

- NaomiM

<Added>

Are there particular agents I should target?

I think you have to pitch it to producers, not agents. I assume agents are for novels or screen adaptions of published novels.
    by ruperty at 12:08 on 30 May 2009
    Hi,

Thanks for your comments here and on profile. They were very useful and I will make some changes accordingly.

The directory doesn't show a list of producers for sci-fi, do you know where I can find a list, UK and US?

Is there an easy way of finding the address of a known producer, Ridley Scott, say.

I'll try and upload to the film group.

Rupert
    by NMott at 12:39 on 30 May 2009
    I don't know of a central register of producer's contact details - I've always assumed that screenwriters go to film festivals such as Cannes and Sundance where producers and directors collect, and try to corner them there, but maybe that is just apocryphal.
    Hopefully someone with more knowlege about that side of things than me will pop up with more information.
    Maybe the BBC's Writer's Room will have more information:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/
    by ruperty at 12:47 on 30 May 2009

> If you need any help navigating the Site, feel free to ask.

Thanks. How does one upload work to a group?

Rupert
    by NMott at 13:38 on 30 May 2009
    Click on your 'My WriteWords' in the top right corner of the page, then either 'Click Here To Upload New Work' if it's a new piece of work, or go to 'Edit' on an old piece of work. Down towards the bottom of the upload page you will see 'Which Group?', with a list of the groups you are a member of. Just put a dot in the circle against the group you want to upload the piece into.
    If you have only just joined a group you will find there is a pending period of a few hours or a day, before the group appears on the 'Which Group?' list.
    Then just click on 'submit'.

There is a 2 day waiting period between uploads, and if you want to upload a new piece of work in a group, your old upload will be moved and saved in your personal archive.

- NaomiM
    by NMott at 13:56 on 30 May 2009