Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Please motivate me.
    by ginag at 21:44 on 22 June 2003
    Hi,

I'm quite new to this site. I am currently nearing the end of the first draft of my first novel. The first chapter and synopsis are posted on the site and I would appreciate any feedback. Any comments good or bad will give me the push I need to carry on. I get so overwhelmed sometimes by the volume of work I have to do I feel like giving it all up which would be a waste of years of work and dreams.

I have started sending out submissions to agents and have had two rejections so far.

Let me know what you think of my stuff.

Cheers,

Gina.
  • Re: Please motivate me.
    by noddy at 21:57 on 22 June 2003
    Hi Gina,
    I read your prologue and synopsis a few days ago and thought it was really good. It stuck in my mind and I was surprised that nobody else has commented on it... I think it'll be very popular when it gets discovered !

Don't give up, for goodness sake. Keep writing, I'd love to see more.

Best Regards
    Noddy
    by ginag at 11:24 on 23 June 2003
    Noddy,
    Thanks for your comments. I'm already back to work as it were because I've sent another submission out today. Knowing that an agent might (by some miracle) ask to see the whole thing keeps me scribbling away.

I don't know if I can put any more work up because I'm not a full member but I'll have a go. Hope you enjoy it.

Gina.
    by Okkervil at 13:00 on 23 June 2003
    I liked your work too- it flowed really nicely and read almost like a song.
    As a side-note-thing- how do you find agents to send work out to, and how d'you know they're reputable an' stuff?
    by noddy at 15:02 on 24 June 2003
    Take a look at the Fiction popularity chart, Gina... you're on the way up there.
    Rgds
    Noddy
    by ginag at 21:04 on 24 June 2003
    Noddy,
    Can't seem to find what you're talking about, can you tell me more?

Gina.
    by noddy at 22:21 on 24 June 2003
    Hi Gina,
    Go to Writers Archive, click on Fiction and there's the popularity list... you're in the top 10 now (much better than my latest chapter ;-) ).
    Not sure how all this is measured, but it helps with the old motivation.
    Best Regards
    Nod