Login   Sign Up 

• Group creation and turnover
    by Brendle at 09:54 on 02 November 2003
    How does a new group come into existence? Group as in Poetry II, or Travel, or Fiction III. Does a site expert throw one up? Can they be petitioned? Is a Group leader needed? It seems that the Group I would like to join is full. How often are new ones put up?

As for turnover, the full page told me to check back, members are removed after a month of inactivity. I noticed that some of that members Last Activity, as listed on the group's page, was over a month, sometimes several months. Is that Last Activity column representative of the last time a person was active?

If this information is already posted someplace, sorry for this request. Please point me the right direction, as I couldn't find it on my own.

I like dogs.
  • Re: Group creation and turnover
    by Nell at 11:10 on 02 November 2003
    Hi Brendle, and welcome!

New groups are created from time to time as needed by David Bruce, the site administrator. Members can always request a new one though. I believe that although the guidelines state that a member will be removed from a group after a month of inactivity this may relate also to general activity on the site as a whole, so that if someone is totally inactive for a month or possibly longer then that would be an option for admin. Group leaders seem to be chosen from members who visit the site regularly and read and comment extensively on the work in the different groups.

Hope this helps. And I like dogs too.
  • Re: Group creation and turnover
    by Brendle at 02:47 on 03 November 2003
    Lovely, all the answer I needed. I'll keep an eye out for an openeing.

Thanks.