Login   Sign Up 

• Error messages when going to Children & YA group home page
    by Skippoo at 15:26 on 25 February 2015
    Hello,

I keep getting the following error message when trying to click on the Children's & YA group homepage:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e09'
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'sp_wforumnew2', database '8notes', schema 'dbo'.
    /groups/forum.asp, line 61

I'm mainly using Firefox today. Anyone else having similar?

Cheers.

Cath
  • Re: Error messages when going to Children & YA group home page
    by TassieDevil at 16:15 on 25 February 2015
    Hi Skippoo,
    No problems with me going there and I don't speak computer (especially mega-complicated stuff like you quoted) so I'm afraid I can't help you. Possibly reboot computer? Might fix it. Or log out and log in again?
    Alan
    by Issy at 11:01 on 11 March 2015
    I am getting all sorts of error messages like this all the time. I am using Firefox too.
    by Issy at 11:01 on 11 March 2015
    I am getting all sorts of error messages like this all the time. I am using Firefox too.

And I have just tried to post and come up with another error message.... am hoping I can eventually post!
    by Freebird at 12:00 on 11 March 2015
    I've found that when I click on a message to read it, it just redirects me back to the forum page. Something weird going on today!
    by Anna Reynolds at 16:07 on 11 March 2015
    I have told the webmaster about this today.
    by david bruce at 16:19 on 11 March 2015
    Cath - thanks for pointing that out, that problem should be fixed now.
    Issy - can you describe where you saw any of the other errors you are mentioning? Particularly the posting error? Were you posting on a work or a forum?

We moved to a new server fairly recently so some of these may have come up from things not being 100% configured on the new box.  Thanks for your help in spotting them.
    by david bruce at 16:21 on 11 March 2015
    Ah! Just found the forum error message too - also corrected. Now just the link redirecting problem you mentioned if you can point it out?
    by Issy at 15:59 on 14 March 2015
    Sorry, David, just seen your note, can't remember exactly what the message was, but it now seems to be OK>