Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Group Forum Highlighted posts
    by david bruce at 10:43 on 14 January 2014
    Group hosts now have the option to highlight or 'sticky' a thread so that it appears permanently at the top of the group forum. This is where you could put an introductory message or guidelines to the group. As a group host simply click on the forum thread you wish to highlight and then click the 'highlight thread' link in the heading of the first post. It will then become a read-only thread and appear on the group home page with a 'pin' next to it.
    If you wish to remove it simply go back to the thread and click 'remove highlight'.

• Re: Group Forum Highlighted posts
    by Mand245 at 11:04 on 14 January 2014
    Thanks, David - that's great!
    by NMott at 12:46 on 15 January 2014
    Seems there's no reply button on highlighted threads, and a comment I made on a thread before it was highlighted was bumped down to another thread. Does that mean if a group host highlights a thread after it's been commented on that those comments will be lost?
    by Mand245 at 14:01 on 15 January 2014
    Naomi, I think that was down to me! I did ask if the highlighted thread in "Finding your Feet" group could be "read only" so that it could stay at the top just as a reference. I started a second thread for people who might want to comment, and I think your post was moved to that thread. I was going to wait a few days for any further comments and then make any necessary changes to the highlighted thread.
    by Manusha at 14:11 on 15 January 2014
    That's brilliant. I'm off to have pinning fun!
    by NMott at 14:34 on 15 January 2014
    That's fine, Mand. I was just wondering if any other group host highlighted a thread if any comments that had been posted in the meantime would be lost.