Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 201 message thread spans 14 pages:  < <   1   2  3  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  > >  
  • Re: New Look
    by Alex29 at 06:25 on 06 January 2014
    I think I am out of here to be honest I just switched on and for a second it loaded with brighter/stronger looking lettering even the brown and I heard my self mutter 'Thank God' then it loaded properly and I can't see it without thinking about what the letters are in some words - so I am so sorry I think all this must be a lot of work to do - but I think if this is the new look then I am out of here. I am back at the desk now and I need to get on with it any way. I had been going to get more involved as I have come to enjoy it but I do not enjoy struggling to read comments. I usually use this easily without my glasses but even with them I find the readability is right down. Hope the re vamp goes well.Best Wishes MC

Edited by Alex29 at 06:29:00 on 06 January 2014

Edited by Alex29 at 06:29:00 on 06 January 2014
    by AlanH at 07:02 on 06 January 2014
    I had been going to get more involved as I have come to enjoy it but I do not enjoy struggling to read comments. I usually use this easily without my glasses but even with them I find the readability is right down.

Is there a problem with your screen? (Brightness and contrast settings).
    I am getting the new look and it is fine for readability.
    by david bruce at 08:11 on 06 January 2014
    alex and eve - can you tell me what kind of computer (mac/pc laptop etc) you are looking on, I'll see if I can find out if there's any specific problem for you
    by Alex29 at 09:35 on 06 January 2014
    Acer Extensa 5630z. Running Vista. Acer Aspire 1 running W7 Fugitsu thing running windows 8 Absolutely all other things I look at are fine- all this page I am typing on now is fine but when I read it back when up loaded it is thin and feint against the white back ground the adverts on the left are fine as is the new title etc it is the lists of what we are all chatting about that I am having trouble with- the colour is black type here but when up loaded it appears either mauve or grey yet the title bar above me now is mauve looking and reads fine. The only bit that looks odd on this page is the brown typed Write Words and john grisham below left which are not that strongly readable.. MC

Edited by Alex29 at 09:46:00 on 06 January 2014
    by david bruce at 10:04 on 06 January 2014
    Thanks a lot Alex - so the main body text when you read the forums if feint? Please could you tell me what browser you are using as well?
    by Alex29 at 10:17 on 06 January 2014
    explorer of some kind probably various versions on the three gadgets
    by david bruce at 10:20 on 06 January 2014
    thanks - and the text looks weak on all three versions?
    by david bruce at 10:22 on 06 January 2014
    Alex - I've just logged in here using explorer on a different computer and I can see the problem straight away - I will get this fixed for you asap!
    by david bruce at 10:42 on 06 January 2014
    Hi Alex- can you try again now - the forum threads and the home page should be showing correctly now *fingers crossed*
    by Alex29 at 11:00 on 06 January 2014
    WOW Now that's what I call an improvement! Thank you David! For me that is great. Marie-Claire.
    by Alex29 at 12:20 on 06 January 2014
    Right - I give up now some of the other bits are at 100% and right off the page and at 75% so small I can't read them at all. They were fine an hour ago. I can't keep mucking about with this. I do not know how or why folk want to tinker with soft wear because it drives me mad. I would rather tinker under the bonnet of a truck at least I can apply spanners to nuts to relieve the frustration!!! Good luck. MC
    by david bruce at 13:33 on 06 January 2014
    can you help me out with which bits Alex? Sorry for the inconvenience but I can't help unless you can direct me to the problem
    by Alex29 at 14:39 on 06 January 2014
    Sorry David I had to go out to get vaccinations for sheep. I am struggling to explain myself as well - I am guessing here that this is made up of bits of pages within pages like layers? I don't know what the constituent parts are called. The first page is fine. I chose to see if you had commented and that was all fine nothing has changed there it was all the correct size. I went to My WW page to get to the Fast FD group - Had noticed earlier that the Alex29 lettering top left hand side was huge and looked like it had been drawn free hand and I laughed and thought that even I could see that! But rest of page was fine I had made a couple of comments else where - also fine - but when I came back in the same page Alex29 was normal and that is when I realised the page was huge though it ( the browser?) was saying it at was 100% I tried 75% but that made all txt too small to read about 1/4 size this type font. I have clicked on all the options across the top of this page from Home to Courses they all seem the right size it is just the My WW. I do not envy you this one bit! Vaccinating the ewes seems the easy option and I have to pop out to do that now.. MC

Edited by Alex29 at 14:46:00 on 06 January 2014
    by Annecdotist at 14:47 on 06 January 2014
    Still can't find the blogs
    by david bruce at 14:54 on 06 January 2014
    alex - thanks again, that should be fixed now - and as for vaccinating ewes, I'm happy in front of my computer thanks!

Anne - unfortunately it just wasn't getting used at all so we've stopped offering that part of the site I'm afraid.
  • This 201 message thread spans 14 pages:  < <   1   2  3  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  > >