Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 201 message thread spans 14 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  14 
  • Re: New Look
    by V`yonne at 19:52 on 13 January 2014
    Yes, let's have it as it was. I could see everything at a glance and knew what I had commented on. Now I have to go scrabbling about looking to what what's there.
    by James Graham at 20:25 on 13 January 2014
    David, thanks for listing all work on the group page, with ‘Latest comments’.

Something’s still not quite right, though - it looks as if the author’s reply to a comment doesn’t appear as a ‘latest comment’. If I have commented on someone’s work, I want to see at a glance whether they have replied.

I have to say I'm very sympathetic to Oonah (comment above). There were so many ways in which the old WW worked perfectly. Navigating in the groups especially. I think you should look again at how  it was and try to keep the writers' groups in particular essentially the same as they were. OK, they can look different but should work in the same way.

James.
    by NMott at 20:41 on 13 January 2014
    I would still like a return to a list of latest topics in the Groups on the Forum page. 
    by AlanH at 00:41 on 14 January 2014

Is anyone else having problems with the word-count facility?

I've noticed a discrepancy with the group member count. Yesterday, the all-groups page stated the 'Whole MS Swap' had 7 members. Within the group, only 6 were listed.
    I have noticed member counts varying like this before, especially within 'Intensive Critique', so it might be a long-standing gremlin. 
    by NMott at 01:15 on 14 January 2014

I've noticed a discrepancy with the group member count. Yesterday, the all-groups page stated the 'Whole MS Swap' had 7 members. Within the group, only 6 were listed. I have noticed member counts varying like this before, especially within 'Intensive Critique', so it might be a long-standing gremlin. 

Seems to be a gremlin affecting other Groups as well, such as the old Synopsis & Outline Group which is still listing 11 members despite being empty. 
    by andinadia at 13:02 on 14 January 2014
    I'm reluctant to add to the 200 messages already in the thread but this does seem to be the place for it. Please can we reinsert the dates that comments were made, in 'Comments on group work'? Also, to reduce clutter, we could delete the reference to the name of the Group, when it says that so and so 'commented on the a quick straw poll Thread in the Childrens and YA Writers' Group Group Forum'. This line could stop at the word 'Thread'.
  • This 201 message thread spans 14 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  14