Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Uploading work?
    by Alex29 at 05:45 on 19 December 2013
    How do I do this please? Need a VERY basic guide please.MC
  • Re: Uploading work?
    by Account Closed at 09:46 on 19 December 2013
    Hi MC

Go to 'My WriteWords' (top right hand corner of the website) and click.

Scroll down to 'My uploaded work' and click 'Click here to upload new work'.

Click the type of work eg 'Fiction', press continue.

Fill in the title, category, summary, etc. Paste your text into the Body.

Then scroll down to choose your comments about the type of critique 'Be gentle with me', who can see your work (do you want it open to all or just group members, etc?) and the group you wish to upload the work to.

Then press 'Submit' and it should be uploaded shortly after.

by Alex29 at 10:35 on 19 December 2013
    Ok thanks Sharely but paste from where? I really don't know how to do this. MC
    by Account Closed at 11:15 on 19 December 2013
    By paste I meant to paste your piece of work from your document into the 'Body' box in WriteWords. I don't know what document you are using.

If it is Word then it is Ctrl-C (copy) and then put your cursor into the box in WriteWords and click Ctrl-V (paste).
    by Freebird at 11:46 on 19 December 2013
    Alex, are you wanting to post a piece of work or start a thread in the FFD group?
    If you're posting work for people to critique, do as Sharley said and copy it from your word document (or whatever you've used) on your computer. Then go to the 'upload work' box as she explained, and right click. Then you should get the option to 'Paste' whatever you've just copied.

If you're just wanting to start a thread in FFD, then follow Sharley's instructions but instead of copying and pasting some work from your computer, just type in a summary of what you're writing and what your word targets are.
    by Alex29 at 14:42 on 19 December 2013
    Thanks both of you - I am fine with starting a thread etc it was just the cut and paste from Word that I couldn't picture. I expect when I get to it I will make a dummy bit and post that till I get it right- won't be till after lambing when the 3rd bit 1st D is finished any way. I don't use computers at all in any of my work and though I have been using them for years here for our stuff I am entirely self taught so I don't always pick up on the lingo or shortcuts being used if I haven't had to work it out before- one of those 'don't know what I need to know things' With everyone talking about the change to the editor and what not I got a bit lost. I had noticed the formatting was odd on some work and to be honest I thought that was how it had been written. Gauis had also tried to explain the quote box thing but it doesn't always seem to work even then and I gave up and that is one of the reasons I don't comment on peoples work now it was too much phaff to fanny about with. Thanks any way. Trying to get the New Year To Do lists and To Think About lists sorted!
    by Midnight at 10:34 on 20 December 2013
    This is where uploading pictures would be useful. I find it much easier to follow these sorts of instructions when there are pictures to guide me. Good luck