Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Calling for new blood...
    by GaiusCoffey at 14:04 on 25 February 2013
    Hi,
    The Whole MS read-swapping group (still gotta come up with a good abbreviation for that...) needs more... More readers, more writers, more opinions and more activity!

http://writewords.org.uk/groups/202.asp

It was initially founded with the sole intention of matching beta-readers to authors, but our remit has evolved to allow writers to obtain structural or reader-level feedback on longer chunks also.

It is _not_ a critique group!

The idea is to allow writers to find bigger picture reader responses rather than the detailed nitty-gritty, in-depth focus of excellent groups like IC (http://writewords.org.uk/groups/146.asp). As such, members should be experienced writers who are confident that what they are submitting for reading is technically competent.

Chunks of up to 10,000 words can be submitted on the understanding that reading is reciprocal - reciprocal to the group - by getting a chunk of writing read, you are also committing to reading and commenting on other group members' work. In this way, the group will retain a supply of readers and a decent level of activity even if the specific reader who read your MSS hasn't got anything to read at that specific moment in time...

Writer and readers may optionally choose to progress to reading the full MSS after reading the first 10,000 but this is at the discretion of the individuals.

Either way, I believe that this group represents a much needed and very important development to allow writers who have achieved basic competence to develop larger works into larger, salable and eminently readable works!

We are actively looking for new writers, new readers and new manuscripts to make this group a success - activity breeds activity. Success breeds success.

Cheers,
    Gaius
  • Re: Calling for new blood...
    by Manusha at 18:02 on 25 February 2013
    Hi Gaius,

I've just applied to join up as I'm able to read a MS at the moment although I don't need a reciprocal read right now.
    by GaiusCoffey at 18:42 on 25 February 2013
    Marvlious, more the merrier etc.
    Thanks, Manusha
    G
    by Astrea at 21:36 on 25 February 2013
    I have just (in the last fifteen minutes) finished the wretched NiP, which is consequently, I suppose, no longer iP.

I am free but now brain-dead. When the little grey cells start to show signs of life, I shall return, ready and willing to read and be read.
    by GaiusCoffey at 21:44 on 25 February 2013
    Congratulations on growing an extra N for your NNLiP.