Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Monsters V Aliens 3D
    by Kristian at 19:10 on 14 April 2009
    If you're a bit stumped on what to do with the kids this Easter break, I can heartily recommend this one.

It isn't going to trouble Pixar, and I'll admit that the Sci Fi references appealed directly to the movie geek in me and may not to everyone, but it kept my four and a half year old glued to his seat, and made me laugh out loud once or twice.

If you can see it in 3D - do so, as it does indeed add another dimension. It is proper characters flying out of the screen at you stuff these days, none of that green and red card board glasses and fuzzy off colour images.

Kris
  • Re: Monsters V Aliens 3D
    by Anna Reynolds at 20:58 on 14 April 2009
    Kris, is there anything scary that would alarm my nearly four year old, quite girly girl?she sat happily through Kung Fu Panda and loves Monsters Inc...
    by Kristian at 22:05 on 14 April 2009
    Hi Anna, no not scary - a couple of extended action scenes that are quite in your face, particularly with the 3D and surround sound, but I reckon if she was fine with Kung Fu Panda, (which I seem to remember had quite an intense baddie)she'll be fine with this.

In fact even though it sounds as tho it's totally one for the little boys, the main character is the 50ft woman voiced by Reece Witherspoon, and she is played as a normal girl who happens to be huge.

Kris
    by Jem at 09:12 on 15 April 2009
    Anna, watch Skellig instead. That's not scary! Course you can watch both but if, like me, you wouldn't want to go and see a Kids' movie unless you had to, then Skellig is great because it's a grown up back story with great actors.
    by CarolineSG at 06:54 on 24 April 2009
    I absolutely loved this film and so did my 10 and 6 year olds. It's so daft and wonderful. Really one of the good guys in terms of children's movies. Anna, I reckon your daughter will be fine with it.