Login   Sign Up 

This 135 message thread spans 9 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5  6  7   8   9  > >  
  • Re: Big Brother?
    by Jem at 14:30 on 28 June 2008
    Blind or not, though, Mikey is revolting.

by Cornelia at 18:52 on 28 June 2008
    I haven't seen enough to judge, but I thought the bit I did see was a unfair.

I found a site called Big Brother's Big Ear where you can download podcasts but they are not very sensible discussions. I familiarised myself with some of the names of the contestants from photos.

Isn't it a bit pointless to pull someone out, as they did with Dennis, but not screen the misdemeanour so people can make their own judgements? Isn't part of the fascination the wait for someone to lose their cool? Or am I mistaken and the contretemps was in fact screened? I thought he was in the giant hutch with Darnell.

Dennis apparently said he only pursed his lips as if to spit. Going on his readiness to lie about the reason for going to jail, we can't really take his word, but it would be one way of knowing if they screened the incident.

Sheila

by Cornelia at 18:53 on 28 June 2008
    I haven't seen enough to judge, but I thought the bit I did see was a unfair.

I found a site called Big Brother's Big Ear where you can download podcasts but they are not very sensible discussions. I familiarised myself with some of the names of the contestants from photos.

Isn't it a bit pointless to pull someone out, as they did with Dennis, but not screen the misdemeanour so people can make their own judgements? Isn't part of the fascination the wait for someone to lose their cool? Or am I mistaken and the contretemps was in fact screened? I thought he was in the giant hutch with Darnell.

Dennis apparently said he only pursed his lips as if to spit. Going on his readiness to lie about the reason for going to jail, we can't really take his word, but it would be one way of knowing if they screened the incident.

Sheila

by susieangela at 18:56 on 28 June 2008
    Yes, Sheila, they did show the Big Fight, and the spitting incident. What they didn't show was the point at which they ejected Dennis from the house, which is a first, I think.
    Susiex
    by Jem at 20:08 on 28 June 2008
    They showed the bit in the diary room when BB said he was going to have to go last night. Then they showed a snip of him going out with a towel or something round him. He was also questioned by the police this afternoon, so maybe that had to happen and next week he'll have an interview. It IS possible of course that he refused to be interviewed because he felt ashamed.
    by susieangela at 20:16 on 28 June 2008
    Funny, isn't it (not) how something which is unpleasant, like spitting, is a police offence, whereas verbal and emotional bullying (which I think is far more upsetting and destructive)is allowed to go by.
    Susiex
    by Jem at 21:51 on 28 June 2008
    That's much harder to get to the bottom of though, isn't it? I mean, where it begins and who starts it etc. Whereas with a blow it's easy to lay the blame.
    by susieangela at 22:04 on 28 June 2008
    True. On a lighter note, still loving MarioLisa... sitting together in the bath covered in soap, and her shaving her upper lip!
    Oh, and Dale using straighteners on Luke's hair and telling him what a difference it makes to his own. So this is the New Man, eh!
    Susiex
    by Cornelia at 11:10 on 29 June 2008
    It seems to me that it's not surprsing they go in for intensive grooming - partly understandable because of the narcissism of the characters but partly because there's nothing much else to do. After all, interaction is going to get them into trouble with the other volatile house-mates and/or banned topics. No, I think in the circumstances it's the most favourable option. Depriving them of products and eqipment, that really would cause trouble. Didn't that happen in the last series as a punishment for one of the women?

Sheila

by Jem at 15:33 on 29 June 2008
    I thought it was quite good the way they handled the individual inquest on the Row last night. Did you see Dale blink with a glimmer of insight when it was explained how his behaviour could have been construed as insight? And have you noticed how he never wears a short any more? Tee-hee? Was I the only one completely nauseated by Sylvia and Jenn sobbing in each others arms? And why didn't someone, other than Mo and Rex, think of telling Jen she was completely OTT and ungracious towards Rex by not accepting his apology? I hated the way Jenn accused Mo of 'squaring up to a woman'. I think if women are going to act all aggressive, effing and blinding and shoving their faces in other people's, then, frankly, they deserve a slap just as much as a man would behaving like that. As the saying goes, either shit or get off the pot.

<Added>

sorry - someone talking to me at the same time I'm writing this - I mean 'construed as aggressive'.

<Added>

Er - 'a shirt' not 'a short'. Duh!
    by Cornelia at 10:20 on 30 June 2008
    I haven't seen another epsiode yet, so didn't see the individual interviews.

I think there are health issues around spitting, which is why it's taken more seriously.

I saw headlines in one of the Tabloids this morning which said something like 'BB to come off-air', but didn't get to read further.

Sheila
    by susieangela at 10:15 on 04 July 2008
    Tonight, as well as an eviction, three new housemates are coming in!
    Susiex
    by Jem at 10:43 on 04 July 2008
    Yay! This lot are getting really boring! I'm going off the lot of them. But Jen to go! I think it's a mistake too, to have a couple. They're just too cosy.
    by susieangela at 10:54 on 04 July 2008
    Agree about Jen. But MarioLisa are fabulous - sooo funny. Did you hear her talking about being scared of catching myxamatosis after her rabbit got it, because she'd caught a cold about a week afterwards? And Mario asked her what the doctor said, and she said: "He said I'd got a cold." And how she says they've always got so much to talk about, they can't even watch a video through without interrupting it. Yet they sit for hours on end squeezing each other's spots etc.
    Susiex
    by Account Closed at 11:07 on 04 July 2008
    Yeh, Mario and Lisa are really growing on me! Not Luke, though - he's stirring it up a bit.

Ooh, 3 new housemates. Hmm, they need some new babes in there for the lads.
  • This 135 message thread spans 9 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5  6  7   8   9  > >