Login   Sign Up 

This 135 message thread spans 9 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4  5  6   7   8   9  > >  
  • Re: Big Brother?
    by NMott at 20:28 on 25 June 2008
    Thank you Jem, that's great! 5th Sept. - I will be a BB widow until then.

by Jem at 09:03 on 26 June 2008
    Oh, that's my twins' Sweet Sixteenth!
    by Cornelia at 15:14 on 26 June 2008
    I watched the entry programme and the wedding but deided to wait until the noise died down a bit. I tuned in a couple of days ago and a trio were arguing about a missing packet of custard cream biscuits!

My thoughts were that if I weren't allowed to read I'd be so bored I'd be picking quarrels all the time and I'd get thrown out, too.

Also, I wondered why they have those ornate Disney-style beds in one bedroom and prison-issue in the other one.

My husband is going off to play Bridge tonight so I'm hoping to tune in to get an update.

Sheila
    by Jem at 15:43 on 26 June 2008
    I was out at the cinema last night and am out for a meal tonight. However - you can watch on Channel 4 or 4+1 in the mornings 8-10. What a slutty thing to do, in your pj's when you should be writing, but I'm afraid I succumbed!
    by Jem at 15:18 on 27 June 2008
    by Cornelia at 16:05 on 27 June 2008
    This must have happened later than the episode I saw last night, when Dennis was behind bars with another contestant in a kind of giant rabbit-hutch in the garden. Their misemeanour was discussing evictions, although I don't blame them because there's precious little else to talk about.

I think I'd be spitting if I had the day he's had, being taken away from his choreography and put in the hutch.

Is it a good idea to give these volatile characters alcohol? I suppose it is if you want to liven things up a bit. The other one who was locked up, Darnell, seems to me to be far more worthy of eviction with the way he talks about women as 'bitches' so casually, but I suppose it's regarded as colloquial and so long as he doesn't call anybody directly a bitch he's safe. One of the women called that anorexic lad with the US flag on his T-shirt a wanker - she even spelled it out, although she left off the ending, and nobody seemed all that bothered except him.

I will be sorry to see the girl go, as she is quite good entertainment value. I think she's so bored she can't wait to get out.

It occurred to me that it would be a good time to catch up on personal grooming, which some of them seem to be doing, even it it's only examining split ends. Do they have more than one bath? I should hope so, with Darnell spending an hour and half in there.

I was glad the noise level was down, apart from all the jumping up and downand screaming when they copied the pop video dance OK.

The trouble with so many people is it's slective, like a soap opera - they can only focus on a few people each programme.

It looks so exhausting to be in that age group, like the Bright Young Things in the Thirties. We all know what that led to.

Sheila

Sheila
    by susieangela at 21:45 on 27 June 2008
    Is anyone watching tonight's episode? I cannot believe Jennifer - what a pain she is. Talk about creating a drama out of a crisis! She's Soooo irritating.
    Susiex
    by Jem at 22:21 on 27 June 2008
    Agree, susie. But I suspect alcohol had something to do with it. The bullying of Rex that went on was out of order!
    by susieangela at 22:45 on 27 June 2008
    Absolutely: he's irritating too but I felt really sorry for him. The way they ganged up on him, and all for the sake of that silly Jennifer.
    Susiex
    by susieangela at 23:24 on 27 June 2008
    Oh, and Casey you were right: apparently Sylvia and Stu HAD met before the show in a trial run-through and had a fling. (Oh, I can't believe I'm doing this...)
    Susiex
    by Jem at 09:19 on 28 June 2008
    They're going to have to get a pretty girl in now to replace The Gobber.
    by susieangela at 10:09 on 28 June 2008
    Yes, and who might be the perfect candidate? Stephanie. Put her back in and suddenly Rex would have something going for him again.
    Susiex
    by Cornelia at 10:53 on 28 June 2008
    The 'wanker' incident was so staged that I was sure it was a way of ensuring eviction for the girl, because she apologised to him immediately afterwards. The boredom and triviality must be terrible for anybody who is even slighty intelligent. I's have cracked and strangled someone. I hope they don't have any sharp implements in there.

How horrible to focus on the blind guy when he was trying to eat peanut butter off a knife. That was really cruel, I thought, much worse than spitting, to make a show of someone's disability. I think the cameraman and the editor should be evicted.

Sheila
    by Account Closed at 11:11 on 28 June 2008
    I thought Jen went on and on and on and blew it out of all proportion, for godsake - the picture looked no different to me.

Glad i'm right about something Suze

Get a hot-looking chick in - it'll be worth it just to see Jen's face.

Have to say i like Rex.

A lot of it's down to editing though - i actually thought Sylvia seemed okay once she was out of the house.

x
    by susieangela at 11:31 on 28 June 2008
    Interesting the way Channel 4 handled the Dennis situation - rather differently to the Alex one. Both were behaving in outrageous ways, yet Alix was filmed leaving and then given the full interview with Davina to 'explain herself', while Dennis's footage was withdrawn and no interview. I suspect some pressure has been put on Ch 4 to do it quietly, particularly because of the Muslim/gay aspect.
    Just shows how much of a cauldron such a situation becomes over time. It's fascinating to watch: the way each person becomes a kind of caricature of themselves under pressure.
    Susiex
  • This 135 message thread spans 9 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4  5  6   7   8   9  > >