Login   Sign Up 

• Hi everyone
    by MJLamb at 22:06 on 09 May 2015
    Hi everyone, I've just joined WW, and this is my first time joining an online writing community. To introduce myself briefly - I'm 33, married, with two young boys and I live in Kent, UK. I started writing flash fiction about five years ago (although at the time I never knew there was such a genre) but I stopped for a while as work and family took over. I've recently picked it up again and thoroughly enjoying it. I also enjoy drawing cartoons. I started looking around for writing groups in my local area and couldn't find any established ones close enough so I thought I'd hit the net for some guidance, support and to meet like minded, creative people. I'm looking forward to reading some of your work and if you get the chance to read some of mine, please do comment, offer pointers, advice, praise, whatever you can. It's what I'm here for. I've joined the flash fiction group (I'm still on a trial basis) but have uploaded a short story called 'Bin Day'. (I suppose that should technically be in 'trash fiction'). Also, I do swear a lot, I hope you don't mind. Look forward to talking to you soon Matt x
  • Re: Hi everyone
    by Jojovits1 at 23:41 on 09 May 2015
    Hi Matt!

I'm pretty new too and also from Kent.smiley

I wrote a lot when I was younger and then stopped - for a very, very long time.  I have rediscovered my love for it (especially poetry), although I am completely ignorant of all the proper terminology and nuts and bolts behind it.

Luckily, the people on here are incredibly smart, talented and welcoming.

I hope you enjoy it here.  Give me a shout if you need anything (although I'm still wading through it all myself).

Jo
    by Jennifer1976 at 06:23 on 10 May 2015
    Hi Matt,

Nice to meet you. We're a friendly bunch here and always do our best to help each other out with our writing. Hope you enjoy it here. I think there are a few folk who write flash fiction and short stories, so hopefully you'll find a few kindred spirits. You'd be more than welcome to post some work in the Intensive Critique group too, if you decide to stay.

All the best,

Jenny
    by MJLamb at 22:00 on 10 May 2015
    Hi Jo/Jenny

Thanks for your comments and welcomes.

Jo it's funny that you said that you're ignorant about the proper terminology and nuts and bolts behind poetry etc - I've managed to get to 33 without knowing what a verb, noun and the like actually mean. That bothered me for a while but I think as long as you have the passion and ideas, you can and will learn the technicalities as you go along.

Jenny, thanks for letting me know about the intensive critique forum, I will check that out soon.

Speak to you soon no doubt

Matt
    by Bazz at 22:02 on 10 May 2015
    Hi Matt, welcome again to the site, glad to see you in the FF group, it's one of the more thriving groups, with the weekly challenges, always good to have new voices :)
    by Freebird at 19:05 on 12 May 2015
    Lovely to have you here :)

by EmmaD at 09:21 on 13 May 2015
    Hi Matt and Jo and welcome to WW!