Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 16 message thread spans 2 pages: 1  2  > >  
  • Hello!
    by Jojovits1 at 18:26 on 14 April 2015
    Hi!  My name is Jo and I just joined this week.  

I used to write a lot when I was much younger (mainly poetry) and an author was all I wanted to be.  I hit my teens, became a goth, a biker, an "alternative" and showered all my note pads with woeful ditties about rebellion and being part of the anti establishment.  I was in heaven!

Then I grew up, moved away, got happy and seemed to lose my muse.

Through my best friend, who also writes, I have managed to catch the bug again.  I now realise that my writing can be quite dark but that doesn't mean that I have to be.  It took a long time to get that.

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people and picking their brains.  I look forward to learning lots and hopefully, eventually, being able to offer my own opinions and help.

I have requested membership of the poetry and flash poetry groups but I seem to be having some problems when trying to submit my reasons for wanting to join.  I keep getting error messages.  Is anyone else having these issues and do you know if my application will still go through without this part of it?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Jo

• Re: Hello!
    by Bazz at 20:41 on 14 April 2015
    He Jo, welcome the the site :) It looks like you've successfully joined the groups, you appear on each main group page, so I'm not sure what's gone wrong. I don't think you have to submit a reason for wanting to join, just click on apply and that should be enough. If there continues to be a problem, just send a message to David Bruce, he's the one who sorts out all of the gremlins :) If you're not sure who to contact, let me know and i'll send him a message. :)
    by Jojovits1 at 21:02 on 14 April 2015
    Hi Bazz.  Thanks for coming back to me.

Hopefully everything is ok then and I can get going with the groups.  If there are any problems, I may call on you but hopefully it's ok.

Thanks again!

Jo

by Jennifer1976 at 21:19 on 14 April 2015
    Hi Jo,

Nice to meet you! I hope you get as much out of the site as I have. It's a little quiet at the moment, but there are a good few of us still around. I'm not a member of either of the poetry groups at the moment (I do write a bit of poetry, but haven't had time lately and I don't think it's my forte) but hope you enjoy your time here.

All the best,

Jenny
    by Jojovits1 at 21:42 on 14 April 2015
    Thanks Jenny.  Good to hear from you and I look forward to getting to know everyone on here.

Jo 
    by EmmaD at 22:44 on 14 April 2015
    Hi Jo, and welcome to WriteWords. Lots of help and support here, so dive in!

Emma
    by Bazz at 12:43 on 15 April 2015
    Hi Jo, looks like you've joined the poetry group five times (!), and the flash poetry group once, clearly a hiccup somewhere! I see the group's don't appear yet on your profile page either. Can you see the group on your writewords page (where it says "my groups")? If not, let me know and I'll get on to David. :)
    by Freebird at 13:07 on 15 April 2015
    Hi Jo, good to have you along! I was like you in that I used to write all the time when I was a child, then lots of anguished poems as a teenager - then left home and went to Uni and got a job and the writing was all but forgotten for a long time.  But it's always good to get back to it!
    I'm sure you'll find the site friendly and helpful
    by Jojovits1 at 13:26 on 15 April 2015
    Thanks Emma and Freebird :-)

Bazz, yes I've definitely had a bit of a nightmare and joined multiple times!  In my groups bit it just says pending and as far as I can see, I cannot upload to the group.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Jo
    by Bazz at 14:09 on 15 April 2015
    Ah, if it says pending, sometimes it can take a couple of days to go through, so best to just wait a bit. Hopefully, it'll be sorted out soon. 
    by TassieDevil at 15:06 on 15 April 2015
    Hello Jo, Glad to see you joined up to some groups (hopefully). And once again welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience.
    Alan
    by willsonjohn at 06:26 on 17 April 2015
    Hey! JO Welcome to this forum. We all here share valuable thoughts and can ask something if you dont know.
    by Jojovits1 at 07:50 on 17 April 2015
    Thank you again to everyone for the very warm welcome.

Just a quick question.

I joined two groups on the 13th I think, but am still showing as Pending.  Is this the normal length of time or do you think there is a glitch and I should contact someone?

Apologies if I'm just being impatient! smiley
    by Bazz at 12:41 on 17 April 2015
    Hi Jo, no it shouldn't take this long, I've got on to David about it, hopefully he'll get it sorted out. These things happen sometimes!
    by Bazz at 13:28 on 17 April 2015
    Ok, looks like it's sorted now :)
  • This 16 message thread spans 2 pages: 1  2  > >