Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Grasp the nettle
    by WeeMan at 10:37 on 14 November 2013
    Hi, my name is Brian, and I was going to say I'm new to writing, which is true, and isn't at the same time. My 'act' of writing has popped up on occasion over the past few years, even on this site once or twice. It's almost been, I say almost, like a recurring illness. Probably more itchy rash, that I enjoyed to scratch but always left me unsure in what direction I would be best served. This rash appears to be getting more frequent and I find myself thinking about it more and more. So I now feel the best thing I can do is accept it, embrace the nettle, so to speak and have a good scratch.

Edited by WeeMan at 10:39:00 on 14 November 2013
  • Re: Grasp the nettle
    by Anna Reynolds at 12:02 on 14 November 2013
    Welcome to WriteWords, Brian- you will find plenty of fellow itchers and scratchers here. (EmmaD's wonderful blog is called This Itch of Writing..for a good reason.)I've put the link to it here
    by WeeMan at 12:22 on 14 November 2013
    Hi, Anna, thank you for welcoming me, I'm looking forward to getting my act together and to finally give it a good scratch. I will certainly read EmmaD's Blog. Thank You!
    by Catkin at 14:17 on 14 November 2013
    like a recurring illness

Yes, I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Welcome, WeeMan!
    by WeeMan at 14:39 on 14 November 2013
    Thank you Catkin for your kind welcome. Yes, and it's a diagnosis I should be used to by now as I work in the creative field (illustrator)for my bread and butter... coffee and cake. And who is maybe guilty sometimes of wishing he had it in him to just do a 'proper' job (9 till 5 and home for the TV and bed) as it was once descibed by a granny-inlaw. Then again, no, what is life without an itch or two?
    Brian.
    by EmmaD at 16:47 on 14 November 2013
    Definitely like a recurring illness! Welcome to the Home for Incurables, Brian - hope you're having a good nose around and getting your bearings.

Thanks for linking to the blog, Anna - hope you enjoy it, Brian
    by WeeMan at 16:59 on 14 November 2013
    Hi, EmmaD, I'm sure will. Let the contagion flourish.