Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Bumbling and untidy
    by SandraD at 18:11 on 26 March 2013
    Apologies, I've been here getting for a week, have managed to join a near-dead group, have posted my work in the wrong place and have messed up several replies - how DO you get to paste copies in those tidy little boxes? But that's just me, preferring to find out what questions I need to ask before I ask them.
    Nevertheless, so far all have been forgiving and I'm sure I'll get the hang of things.
    I'm a fairly solitary soul who has slowly realised I need to put my work out there (all self-published, novellas, one novel and two undergoing final-ish editing, plus a couple of illustrated ones (I'm a printmaker too) WW seemed a good stepping stone and I've already discovered much of interest. I certainly plan to stay a while.
  • Re: Bumbling and untidy
    by GaiusCoffey at 18:32 on 26 March 2013
    Welcome!

Quotes can be done by doing this, but without the space after the [:
    [ quote]A quoted sentence.[ /quote]

Which, if you take out the spaces, looks like this:
    A quoted sentence.

Cheers,
    G
    by EmmaD at 19:03 on 26 March 2013
    Hello Sandra - good to see you here!

Or, highlight the bit you want in a quote box, and look at the buttons just above the main box you're typing in. The one which looks like "" will put Gaius's codes at each end of the text, and when you post, hey presto, it will (should) be in a box.

Like this.

If you want to make sure, click "Preview" instead of "Post" and you'll see if you've made it behave, and can then just post, or edit...

Emma
    by SandraD at 19:39 on 26 March 2013
    Thank you for this, and your earlier email. I will get round to other groups in the fullness of time.

I now see I should add 'blinkered' to my title as the information is here to see if only I had looked!
    by CarolineSG at 19:49 on 26 March 2013
    Welcome Sandra! Bumbling and untidy? Think that describes me too..

Hope you get lots from the site.
    by SandraD at 19:54 on 26 March 2013
    Thanks Emma too, especially for the link which led me here, and Caroline -nice to know I'm not alone!
    by Astrea at 22:41 on 26 March 2013
    Hi and welcome to WW!

If you're looking for in-depth feedback, Intensive Critique does exactly that.

Alternatively, there's a Whole Manuscript Swapping group, which again, er, does pretty much as you would expect from the title - very lively at the moment, and always on the look-out for fresh blood

by Freebird at 13:19 on 28 March 2013
    There's plenty of room for fairly solitary souls here, Sandra - it's great that you have joined us.
    by Jennifer1976 at 15:13 on 28 March 2013
    Welcome! Hope you get as much out of WW as I have done. Everybody is very friendly and supportive here. It took me a while to get used to the text boxes and smilies etc too, but got the hang of it eventually, so don't worry!