Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Hello Eveeryone!
    by clayton53 at 10:50 on 20 March 2013
    Hi all!

Well where to start, i'm new to the site, so have a little about myself! I'm a 34 year old IT guy from the midlands (ish) who has a passion for reading and writing of all kinds. My literary heroes are many, but include the likes of Joe Abercrombie, Clive Barker, Karen Maitland and the mighty Steinbeck among others. Perhaps my greatest hero however is Mr Stephen King, and it was through reading his stories that prompted me to get into writing in the first place!

What else can i say; oh i'm a type 1 diabetic, and have been for nearly 9 years now. I mainly write horror or what i suppose you'd loosely call 'suspense' (my King influence again) but like to dabble in a little of everything really.

I have written a few short stories which are up on Amazon, and have recently bitten the bullet and have started on my first novel. Daunting isnt the word, all advice gratefully recieved!

So thats me then, feel free to say hi! I love the website and am going to try my best to be an active member, so hopefully see you all around!

Thanks guys

Richard Clayton
    www.richardclayton53.wordpress.com
  • Re: Hello Eveeryone!
    by EmmaD at 11:05 on 20 March 2013
    Hi Richard, and welcome to WW.

You'll find plenty of King fans on here, and Steinbeck ones too, and novelists of all stripes and daunted and un-dauntedness!

If you're looking for feedback on your work the best thing to do is to join a suitable and active-looking group, as that's where most of the critiquing goes on. The main forum is great for general discusions and questions and anything you want to open out to the whole site - and if you become a full member then there's more of writing and non-writing craic in Private Members and the Lounge.

Enjoy, and if you meet any problems, just stand in the main forum and shout.

Emma
    by Catkin at 18:07 on 20 March 2013
    Hello Richard, and welcome to WW.

I'm also a great admirer of Stephen King.

<Added>

And - oooh, I just noticed. Another Clive Barker fan. Yay!
    by debac at 20:35 on 20 March 2013
    Welcome, Richard.

Some of the critiquing groups are more active than others, so shop around and find one that suits. You can even start one that suits if you can find enough people who want to join it.

Good luck!
    by Account Closed at 21:59 on 20 March 2013
    Hi Richard. Welcome to WW. I hope you get as much from this site as I have.

by Jennifer1976 at 11:29 on 22 March 2013
    Welcome Richard! I hope you enjoy your time here. The people are great, always somebody to ask and give advice. I've been a member since August last and I can't tell you how much I've got out of the site. I hope you get as much out of it as I have and you find a group that suits you. I am a member of First Fast Draft and it really motivates me to keep on writing no matter what.
    by clayton53 at 12:13 on 22 March 2013
    Thanks for all the welcomes guys! I am already picking up good hints and tips from the forums!!
    by Dave Morehouse at 18:58 on 22 March 2013
    Please add my heartfelt welcome to the others. It's great to have additional perspectives and experiences. Enjoy your stay here. Dave
    by GaiusCoffey at 23:04 on 22 March 2013
    Welcome to WW!
    G