Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Hello there
    by niro1689 at 17:35 on 30 November 2012
    Hello there, my name's Veronika, and I've been looking for a writer's discussion board that's both helpful and easy to navigate. Though I'm having a little difficulty with the latter, the former seems to be phenomenal!

I'm a spec fic writer, mostly in fantasy, but some sci-fi and magical realism as well, and am working on several novels of varying topics and length. My goals is to actually finish one of these babies in the coming year and shop it off to an agent.

Meanwhile, I'm also writing short stories (some literary), two of which were published in my local college's literary publication at the beginning of the year. Small (very small) victories, but I hope to keep producing regularly and finally "break in." Contests are also a big target for me.

As a quickie, I'm also a freelance book editor for self-publishing and traditional authors and small presses; I love to read, watch films, and hang out at coffee shops; and though I'm an American, I adore all things British, so forgive me if I get a bit star-struck with all you fabulous people around. (Many of my favorite authors are British, like Dickens, Austen, Lewis, and Ishiguro.)

Thanks much; looking forward to interacting with you all!
  • Re: Hello there
    by EmmaD at 20:45 on 30 November 2012
    Hi Veronika, and welcome to WriteWords. There are lots of spec fic writers around, so you'll be in good company.

Great news on the (small) victories - which we all know aren't really small at all - and best of luck for future ones.

And meanwhile, if you get stuck, just stand in the forum and shout!

Emma
    by chris2 at 20:48 on 30 November 2012
    Welcome, Veronika. You'll find it's a great site.

Chris
    by niro1689 at 20:57 on 30 November 2012
    Thanks, Emma! It's part of the reason I joined WW; lots of quality speculative writers here, which are hard to find.

When I upload a new work, do I need to open a thread for it as well?
    by Anna Reynolds at 22:42 on 30 November 2012
    Hello and welcome, Veronika- if you need any help finding your way around the site, let me know. It's an incredibly friendly place.
    Anna
    by EmmaD at 12:39 on 01 December 2012
    Veronika, the best way to get feedback on your work is to join a suitable group, as that's where the vast majority of critting goes on.

As a part member you can join a group and upload a piece of work, so have a look among the Groups for one which looks right and is reasonably busy, and get stuck in, giving feedback as well as asking for it.

Emma
    by SandyJordan at 17:52 on 15 December 2012
    Welcome to the forum. I am also new in this forum. You can also view my profile
    by maxcarig at 11:08 on 24 December 2012
    hi all my name is max and i am new here. and hope you all enjoy my stay. i am 19 years old...
    by GaiusCoffey at 21:01 on 24 December 2012
    Hi Max, Sandy, Niro,
    Welcome, hope you find the things you're looking for here.
    G