Login   Sign Up 

• Hello
    by jimgarnett at 17:39 on 21 October 2012
    A newcomer saying hello. I'm in my 50's and have worked as a news photographer and videographer for 27 years. I've self published two technical books about radio equipment - printed them myself and distributed them. I'm looking to 'step up.' During my work, I lived in Zagreb, Croatia and covered the civil war in the former Yugoslavia - Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. I have the framework for a novel about a photojournalist covering conflict. I'm interested in what other writers have experienced with online publishing and other ways of getting interest in your books so I can choose the most effective way of distributing my novel once it's finished.

• Re: Hello
    by EmmaD at 11:13 on 22 October 2012
    Hello Jim, and welcome to WW. There are lots of people on WW considering self-publishing, as well as lots who are conventionally published or hope to be, so there should be lots of interest and fellow-feeling around.

If you're looking for feedback on your work then the best place to find it is to join one of the Groups.

And if you get stuck, just stand in the forum and shout!

Emma
    by Freebird at 13:07 on 22 October 2012
    Hi Jim, and welcome to the site!

Funnily enough, I've been reading up about radio equipment for a children's novel I'm writing - if I have any technical question, can I wwmail you?

I also host the self-publishing group, which tends to operate in fits and starts, but we'd love to hear your experiences if you want to hop on there.
    by AlanH at 15:52 on 22 October 2012
    Hi,

I recently read Absurdistan, and am well aware of what you must have experienced.
    Hope you enjoy your time here, and find it useful.
    by jimgarnett at 10:15 on 25 October 2012
    Sure, I hope I can answer your radio questions!
    by Manusha at 17:05 on 26 October 2012
    Hi Jim, welcome to WW. I hope you find the site helpful to your project.