Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Another newbie - must be the time of year.
    by Janeyboo at 16:52 on 06 September 2012
    Hello everyone

I've recently gone through a big life change - splitting from long term relationship and moving house, and while I like solitude (me and daughter) I also like the idea of being able to turn to a friendly supportive writing group. (Hmm - this may make me sound a bit sad)

I've written professionally for radio and some comedy for television and while I'd like to carry on doing that - I'd like to write for children (I used to work at Random House Children's Books) and have a play idea festering at the back of my head. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • Re: Another newbie - must be the time of year.
    by EmmaD at 17:13 on 06 September 2012
    Hello Janeyboo and welcome to WW.

Friendly supportive writing group is what we do best... And Drama's a really interesting place to come from, I think.

If you're looking for mutual critiquing then the best thing to do is to join a group and get stuck in. And if you get stuck, ask for help!

Emma
    by Manusha at 18:38 on 06 September 2012
    Hi Janeyboo, welcome our community. I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you around the site.
    by AlanH at 01:12 on 07 September 2012
    Hi to Janeyboo from a week-old newbie who is also very interested in comedy writing.
    Hope you like it here - my first impressions are all positive.

by Kirstybooth at 09:09 on 07 September 2012
    welcome to WW.
    by Jem at 09:35 on 07 September 2012
    Welcome to WW Janeyboo!
    by Freebird at 11:07 on 07 September 2012
    Hi Janeyboo,

does't sound sad at all! It sounds like a positive and sensible way of helping yourself come to terms with your new situation.

Why not come and join the Childrens' and YA Writers' Group. We'd love to have you there - it's a very friendly and supportive group, and I'm sure you also will have a mine of useful knowledge that would be interesting to us, too!

<Added>

just checked out your profile, too - I think you'll find some very like-minded people on here. Lots of knowledgable CW lecturers

Of which I am not one!