Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• The opening gambit
    by domhnall at 00:47 on 27 August 2012
    but not sure about this opening ...

“The brooding sense of displeasure with all things in the world as felt by Angus ‘blether’ MacLeod”. An apt title for a book but a bit long. That sums it up on such an inglorious day. A day that cannot happen. Such things that can never be defined absolutely can never be explained. That is how it was and how it was going to be.

You see, Angus is a fool and there it is. From the moment Paxman had wound up his usual scolding of lesser human beings and the familiar Newsnight closing ditty had sounded, there was an inevitability to the following 24 hours. For it had been ordained that this relatively short time span was to be a pivotal one in Blether’s life before Paxman resumed his piss-taking the following evening. Angus was at that point destined for greatness for all the wrong reasons. It would end in an unfortunate date with Jeremy Paxman …
  • Re: The opening gambit
    by EmmaD at 16:28 on 31 August 2012
    Hi Domhnall, and apologies for not spotting this post earlier - and welcome to WW.

On WW critiquing tends to go on in the groups, as work tends to disappear in the main forums. So the best thing to do is to take advantage of the fact that as a trial member you can join a group, get involved in reading and responding to others' work and the general discussion in the group, and upload a piece of your own work for feedback and discussion.

And if you get stuck, just ask for help in the main forum.

Emma
    by Manusha at 16:45 on 31 August 2012
    Hi Domhnall, welcome to WW. Ditto what Emma said. But very briefly, I'm not too sure what the first paragraph is really trying to say.
    by Astrea at 22:48 on 10 September 2012
    Hi Domhnall

Would love to read more of this. Reminds me a tiny bit of 'And The Land Lay Still', I think.