Login   Sign Up 

• Hi new to the forum.
    by patyogi at 18:16 on 04 July 2012
    Looks interesting, hope to swop and take hints from members, reside in Deal, Kent, just in sight of France.

Can't be too far away from the tunnel need my Euro fix every few months,even if it only a break from the tourists.
  • Re: Hi new to the forum.
    by Manusha at 22:35 on 04 July 2012
    just in sight of France

Ooh, could you give my uncle a wave? He lives just over La Sleeve, or whatever it is the French call The English Channel!

Welcome to WW, patyogi, I hope you have a rewarding time here. According to your interests we're practically related, and from your profile we were once almost neighbours!

But to the writing, what kind of thing are you scribbling down at the moment?

by GaiusCoffey at 22:38 on 04 July 2012
    Hi patyogi,
    Welcome to WW, hope you find what you're looking for here.
    Cheers,
    G
    by EmmaD at 02:50 on 05 July 2012
    Hi patyogi, and welcome to WW.

Emma
    by patyogi at 08:19 on 05 July 2012
    Hi.
    Thanks for enthusiastic welcome, hope I can live up to it!
    Re-writing loadsa short stories I have scribed over the last 40 years, through many and various relationships.
    Now I'm relatively settled I'm typing them all up and saving the bundles on a portable hard disk, so much easier to rifle thru.
    Contents are various.. from esoteric to straight fiction, spiritual and childrens/young adult tales.

Looking forward to perusing the forums skills a writing crafts, hoping to learn mucho!

Regards Patrick.
    by Freebird at 12:31 on 05 July 2012
    hi there, and welcome to WW! It's a very friendly place, but you'll probably find you get the most benefit from it if you join of the groups where you can post work and read other people's. That's where a lot of the nitty gritty work (and plenty of chat!) is done.

There are groups to suit all different types of writers, from children's to women's to flash fiction. Have a look at the list on the 'Groups' home page and see what takes your fancy.
    by Steerpike`s sister at 20:59 on 05 July 2012
    hello and bienvenu(e)
    by Account Closed at 13:12 on 06 July 2012
    Hi Patyogi

Welcome to WW. It is a friendly forum and the critique groups are friendly and helpful.

Good luck
    by Account Closed at 14:40 on 06 July 2012
    Hello and welcome!

What are you working on at the moment - anything in particular?
    by EmmaD at 15:18 on 06 July 2012
    Now I'm relatively settled I'm typing them all up and saving the bundles on a portable hard disk, so much easier to rifle thru.

Meant to say - and forgive me for teachign my grandmother to suck eggs - do keep copies off-site as well - Dropbox, a gmail account, or even here on WW (you can mark them for your eyes only )

I remember a few years ago when they had awful floods in Yorkshire, and one WWer saying the water was coming her way, and we all screamed (well, in an online way, obviously) "Quick, upload it to here!

Emma
    by Account Closed at 16:21 on 06 July 2012
    Hi, and welcome.

And yes - backup. I had a loss once with a stolen laptop. And anything you can hold in your hand is easy to loose, or break. Even emailing it to yourself at the end of every day is a good belt and braces precaution.