Login   Sign Up 

This 128 message thread spans 9 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  9 > >  
  • Re: Not-so-Very quiet community...!
    by EmmaD at 15:19 on 08 January 2013
    I was about to say that anyone can propose a group, so if people want one to be a ... can't think of the right term - dating site? exchange-and-mart? hiring fair? - then why not go ahead?

But Anna's beaten me to it and proposed it.
    by Anna Reynolds at 22:03 on 08 January 2013
    Also, I'm sure that someone can think of a better title for the group than I have....but as I am currently struggling with a title for a new play I'm all titled out.
  • The thread that just would not die
    by GaiusCoffey at 22:10 on 08 January 2013
    You recognise, of course, that I am only responding to this because I noticed earlier in the thread that the title could be changed.
    Suspiciously-motivated of Harold's Cross
  • The thread that just would not die
    by GaiusCoffey at 23:21 on 08 January 2013
    And then it goes and stops working.
    by MartinEx at 16:04 on 17 January 2013
    I'must posting another message because I'm childishly fascinated in a millenium bug kind of way to see what will happen when it ticks over 9,999 hits.

Or perhaps it's an OCD kind of interest in shiny round numbers or an imagining of the sound of numbers flipping over in 1950s electric clocks.

Either way, I hope my fetishistic desire for the roundness of thousands will soon be satisfied.

<Added>

I'm just posting...
    by sylvia at 19:58 on 17 January 2013
    I'must posting another message because I'm childishly fascinated in a millenium bug kind of way to see what will happen when it ticks over 9,999 hits.

Or perhaps it's an OCD kind of interest in shiny round numbers or an imagining of the sound of numbers flipping over in 1950s electric clocks.

Either way, I hope my fetishistic desire for the roundness of thousands will soon be satisfied.

<Added>

I'm just posting...

That must surely give you any number of ideas for a story, Martin! (no pun intended!)
    by MartinEx at 09:55 on 30 January 2013
    Thanks Sylvia - anything over a big old zero would be an improvement ;-)
    by MartinEx at 15:40 on 13 June 2013
    I'm going to give this thread a pertinent bump as there hasn't been a new post in the Newcomers section for nigh on three weeks - and I'd like to promote the (hopefully not illusory) view that this is indeed a 'Not so very quiet community'.

I shall endeavour to view the boards (and post) more often too!

• This 128 message thread spans 9 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  9 > >