Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• hi new person here
    by Kirstybooth at 16:38 on 06 June 2012
    Hi my name is Kirsty, I'm 31 from Cheltenham, England. I've been writing since I was a teenager, but still feel like I'm a "beginner" I think a lot of it is lack of confidence, or just lack of talent Anyway I'll be uploading some work soon so hopefully I will get some reviews then, also looking forward to seeing some of the other members work
    Kirsty
  • Re: hi new person here
    by EmmaD at 17:25 on 06 June 2012
    Hi Kirsty, and welcome to WW.

The best way to get feedback on your work is to join one of the groups and get stuck into reciprocal critiquing. Things tend to get a bit lost in the general archive.

And if you get stuck or baffled, just stand in the forum and shout, and someone will be along...

Emma
    by Astrea at 18:19 on 06 June 2012
    Hi Kirsty, and welcome to WriteWords What kind of writing are you drawn to?
    by Kirstybooth at 12:28 on 07 June 2012
    Thanks for the welcomes
    I'm going to join some groups definitely. I'm drawn all kind of fiction, I'm in the middle of a romantic Novella, but I've got a vague plot for a sci-fi / fantasy story, I'll have to do a lot of research into the genre before even attempting to write it though; it's something that's interested me in the past, but I've not read any novels in it for years (now got a long reading list after asking for ideas in another forum), and also want to research how the write decent sci-fi / fantasy as-well.
    Sorry that got a bit rambley
    by Freebird at 18:39 on 07 June 2012
    hi Kirsty,

lovely to see you - sounds as though your writing interests are many and varied! This is certainly a good spot to try out different things.